All of my outfit folders are empty!!!! Please HELP!!!

MrsAnubisSWL

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 663 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Question

A couple weeks ago, when I logged in, every outfit in my outfits said "there are no items in this folder".....I thought maybe it was a glitch, so I updated....and then I thought it was my tokon hud, so I checked with my mate, and he didnt' lock my outfits down....so idk what in the world to do!  I have absolutely NO outfits!!!

4 answers to this question

MrsAnubisSWL,

Ouch! - OK please try this.

1) Uninstall all your SL viewers and do a clean install using the standard SL3 viewer.

http://community.secondlife.com/t5/English-Knowledge-Base/How-to-uninstall-and-reinstall-Second-Life/ta-p/1375231

2) Login into a nice unused region like Violet.

3) Let your inventory rebuild itself again [use a search for a nonsense item like "3568" to start the rebuild

4) Check you Outfits folders again after the rebuild completes.

Let us know if this works...

An important question assuming you are using the newer "outfits" (links to items) and not the old 1.23 duplicate items in folders CALLED outfits is --- are the clothing items still there? If so you lost time but not wearables so that is something. Awhile back I lost all my landmarks. Despite many tries, I never got them back. Not the end of the world.

The end of the world was about four years ago when the database lost ALL MY SHOP ITEMS (a half sim complex). Items rezzed in world of course where there but putting it all back together in inventory was more than I wanted to deal with. So not long after I just closed. Now of course none of those things are any good at all (and no they didn't show up despite many chats with support). Time, skills, texture sizes etc. All march along.

So hopefully you still have the ITEMS in your inventory. That should be easy enough to check as you likely remember the name of some favorites that you had made outfits from. Do a search and hopefully you will find they are there. If they are, then feel happy about just losing the links. Much better than real inventory loss which unfortunately DOES happen. Just make some new outfits. You might even get a better look the second time around.

On 11/28/2012 at 1:34 AM, KarenMichelle Lane said:

MrsAnubisSWL,

Ouch! - OK please try this.

1) Uninstall all your SL viewers and do a clean install using the standard SL3 viewer.

http://community.secondlife.com/t5/English-Knowledge-Base/How-to-uninstall-and-reinstall-Second-Life/ta-p/1375231

2) Login into a nice unused region like Violet.

3) Let your inventory rebuild itself again [use a search for a nonsense item like "3568" to start the rebuild

4) Check you Outfits folders again after the rebuild completes.

Let us know if this works...

It worked and saved my day ,tysm ❤️

• Like 1

@AnyaSissy and anyone else reading this 10 year old thread:

Yes, KarenMichelle's solution works, but it's much more drastic than is usually necessary.

If you experience "missing" inventory, it is usually simply a matter of the local inventory cache on your PC's hard drive becoming corrupted. In most cases, clicking "Clear inventory cache" in your viewer and restarting it, or manually browsing to the location of the cache folder on your PC and deleting it, is sufficient. Your viewer's Preferences will show you the path to where it is located.

After clearing the cache, follow KarenMichelle's advice and log in to a low-lag region, such as an empty ocean region. Wait for your cache to re-populate.

If you've done this procedure twice and are still having problems, you may need to file a support case with LL.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 663 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.