what can I do to turn off that bling on my shoes,and how to not lag other sims

lil Steamer

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 2114 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Question

I have just returned to second life after a few years away... I have forgotten some things, and as well there are alot of new things.. how do i turn off bling on objects so they do not offend others.. also how do I get rid of those resizers for my hair and clothes.. they seem to take up alot.. have got kicked off sims for wearing so much,, I had no idea.. I did turn my hair one off, cause it had the option to remove it after I was done.. but some other ones do not have that option.. really like the boots.. but is there a way in edit.. to remove those or stop the resizers?

4 answers to this question

Bling is a particle effect, a prim property.  It will continue unless it is turned off by a script.  The creator probably left his script in the shoes, and you may still have instructions buried in a notecard somewhere....... saying something like /1 bling off  might be the command, but it could be anything. You'd need the notecard.  If you don't have it, you'll have to find a way to turn off the bling without it, like this ....

default{    state_entry()    {        llSetParticleSystem([]);        llRemoveInventory(llGetScriptName());    }}

Dropping that script into your shoes should kill the bling.  There are only two problems: (1) The creator's script will still be in there, so you'll have to delete it (My little script deletes itself, BTW) and (2) Your shoes may be no mod.  If that's the case, all bets are off.  You're stuck with the bling.  :smileysad:

You can get rid of resizer scripts by just opening the object's inventory and deleteing them..... if the object is no mod.  Otherwise, again, you're stuck.

• Like 1

OK. Had to chime in here. If you have shoes that have a bling, they are most likely VERY OLD shoes. Time for an update. There are tons of hunts, group gifts and even trolling the Marketplace can give you a whole new look for free.

I have lots of old-timer friends (I am 4.5, they are older) who don't log in often. Now and then you might want to consider getting up to date. I know that I tell them that a lot. If you have a viewer that can use alpha layers, try for some newer shoes (these are at least a year old) that use them. SO much better.

And many items have a "delete script" option in their menu. So simply resizing shoes as needed and then clicking the "delete script" option from the menu (clicking on the shoes gets you this) will do it. If not, try not to wear a bunch of items with resize scripts at one time.

• Like 1

Six years later, I have something to add to the advice given here for anyone else who comes to this thread looking for an answer. If the offending bling item is a linkset (i.e. it's made of more than one piece), the script might not be visible just by editing and looking at the contents. But if the item is modifiable you can check the "edit linked" button in EDIT, select the "contents" tab and then click the little arrows under the edit linked button (in Firestorm) or ctrl-, / ctrl-. in any viewer to cycle through the individual parts until the offending script appears in the contents. Delete the script and then drop in Rolig's particle scrubber (scroll up to Rolig's post).

Edited by semalina
  • Like 2

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 2114 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.