if i downloaded second life on my computer what can i do in second life with out the premium upgrade

ryoko Pexie

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3512 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Question

3 answers to this question

There is no difference for the common things you can do in SL. Premium membership is really only for owning mainland or a Linden Home and having a (little) better support. And you get paid a weekly stipend, what can be a plus if you plan to buy L$ anyway. Please take a look at the full list that of options you have with Premium and decide if its worth it for you. And yes, earninmg money is possible also without being a Premium.

http://community.secondlife.com/t5/English-Knowledge-Base/Premium-membership/ta-p/1054477

You'll get lots of opinions about which Premium features people value most.  My guess is that access to Live Chat and the full range of categories for support cases are at the top of the list for most people. Others love Linden Homes, premium sandboxes, premium gifts, and the L$300/week stipend.  Everyone's different. I have been in SL for more than seven and a half years and have never seriously considered a Premium membership myself because I don't care to buy land on the mainland and I have never had a technical problem that I couldn't solve myself.  I have a good business and own a full private estate, so I don't need a sandbox, and I can go anywhere that I really want to go.  But that's me.

You can do almost everything with just a free Basic membership.

You will have to put a payment method on file if you want to be able to upload Mesh models that you create, but even that does not require a Premium membership.

About the only things you need Premium for are:

• Ability to own Mainland (there are lots and lots of Private estates where you don't have to be Premium, though)
  • Weekly stipend payment of $L300, and a one-time bonus payment of $L1,000 after 45 days
  • Free Linden Home
  • Occasional free gifts (most of them are pretty blah)
  • Access to a few members-only areas like Premium member sandboxes
  • Live Chat support, and better technical support through the support ticket system

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3512 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.