how do we play with out paying?

jene1994

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3418 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Question

5 answers to this question

Sure!  Just use a basic membership instead of a Premium one.  Your basic membership has no monthly fees at all.  You can find plenty of ways to spend money if you want to, of course, by buying things, renting property, and tipping DJs, but you can go through life in SL without spending a penny if you want to.  I have been a basic member since 2007 and am very happy with it.

Read more at http://community.secondlife.com/t5/English-Knowledge-Base/Second-Life-Quickstart/ta-p/1087919

• Like 2

Hi Jene,

Like Rolig, I've been a basic member for almost 7 years. I do spend a little money to rent a home, but that's not necessary to enjoy SL. There are plenty of places to visit, things to do, and freebie clothes and accessories to buy. I was here in SL for months before I spent my first penny, and I still spend very little compared to other forms of entertainment.

So, grab your sweetie and look through the Destination Guide for places to explore.

Have fun, you two!

• Like 2

You can find a lot of things for free in SL if you look for them.  About the only thing that is not free anywhere is land for a home.  Even so when you've been around at least 30 days you can get an job and work for tips and make enough to rent a modest skybox apartment or small house.  They are available from $50L a week and up and many include furniture.

• Like 1

The Free Dove shop has lots of free clothes, hair, jewelry, shoes, etc.  Use the Search (magnifying glass) Icon and type "the free dove" into the search box.  Make sure "Places" is highlighted at the top of the box so you only search under places.  You can also do a search using "freebies" and you'll find many more places with free items.

Places to get help if you're lost or confused are....New Citizens Incorporated and Help Island.  These places have avatars there to answer your questions.

If you want a place you can call Home without paying rent or buying land do a search for "Set Home Here".  These are public places that let you set them to Home if you join their group.  You can unpack boxes there.

Have fun!

If you look in the secondlife directory, there will be places which focus on giving free or cheap clothes in world. There are free items in the secondlife marketplace. Here's a link to it.    https://marketplace.secondlife.com/

Select your desired category on the right hand side, scroll down. You will see an area on the right handed side called Price. Under that you will see this.

Price

L$0 – L$10

L$11 – L$100

L$101 – L$500

L$501 – L$1,000

L$1,001 – L$5,000

Over L$5,000

Under "Over L$5,000", you will see two blank boxes. ___ to ___. Enter 0 to 0, scroll down and hit refine search. You just told the Marketplace to only show free items within the category you've chose.

L = Lindens. Lindens are Secondlife dollars or is Secondlife money. If you want free items, avoid any outfit or product that has Lindens. It has to say L $0. 

0 Lindens = No money.

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3418 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.