how do i see my avatar?

SaydeeShaydee

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3505 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Question

1 answer to this question

Hi Saydee,

It's time to read the Quick Start and User's Guides.

If you've downloaded, installed and launched the viewer (I see your empty profile, so it appears you have logged in at least once), your avatar is that creature standing in the middle of your screen with its back to you.

Here's a potentially out-of-date Knowledgebase page about changing your avatar's look...

http://community.secondlife.com/t5/English-Knowledge-Base/Controlling-your-avatar-s-appearance/ta-p/700709

You will have much better luck finding free/inexpensive clothing if you abandon the new default mesh avatar you selected during registration and switch back to one of the legacy avatars found in the "Library" folder in your "Inventory" window. I've never tried a mesh avatar myself, so I won't be of much help dressing one of those.

If you registered as a Premium Member, you will have a zero Linden balance at the start, will receive L$300 every Tuesday and will receive a L$1000 bonus after 45 days. If you are a basic member (like me), you'll have a zero starting balance and will have to purchase Lindens on the Linden Exchange if you want a little spending money. You'll see a "Buy L$" link on the left side of your web dashboard, along with your current Linden balance. That balance is also visibie in the upper right corner of the viewer screen, though that balance can sometimes be a little out of sync with reality. Your account dashboard will always be correct.

Good luck and welcome to Second Life!

• Like 3

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3505 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.