Updated viewer and it states i may need to update service pack? wont open up either.

Wycked Vella

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3447 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Question

I updated my viewer at first it said crash logger wouldnt write, then i uninstalled second life, installed new one, and it said may need to update service pack for better performance. But when i try opening up the client it acts like its going to open and then does nothing. Im currently updating my OS but is that really something i should have to do? Im already running windows 7 home prem, but i havent installed in recent updates or such but figured id try that. Help anyone?

Ok ran updates on my computer, resintalled in several times, it acts like its going to open and then just doesnt. I ever once in a while while resintalling it i gives some message about that win crash logger file but not everytime. I dont get it why is it working for some and not others?

Already tried the below and all that i listed on other posts about this.

1 answer to this question

Now that you've updated your operating system, go back and do a clean install of the viewer software.  Here's how: http://community.secondlife.com/t5/English-Knowledge-Base/How-to-uninstall-and-reinstall-Second-Life/ta-p/1375231

EDIT:  Not everyone is having this problem, but you are not alone. You should do two things:

1.  File a JIRA bug report.  Include as much detail as you can about your system and the error messages you are getting.

2.  Delete your installation and either re-install a previous version (you did save your prior downloads, right?  They should be in your Downloads folder) or install one of the many fine third party viewers.

The viewer will not insist that you install the latest update if you select "download and install updates manually" in your Preferences.

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3447 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.