Finding a way to transfer to new second life?

zina4

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3428 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Question

Hi I know the new second life is coming out but is there a way to transfer stuff that I have in my avatar that is in the old second life to the new second life world because I really don't want to have all my stuff destroyed and gone and don't want to have a fresh start I want to bring my furry jex avatars, dresses, souls, hairs,boots etc. I'm not going to leave my stuff behind .

2 answers to this question

No one in these forums is in a position to answer that yet. The new SL isn't a public reality yet, and even if any of us were in an alpha test of it already, those people would be under a heavy non disclosure agreement and unable to spill the beans. To the best of my knowledge it's all still on the drawing boards, and no one is in an alpha test of it yet.

In my opinion, odds are good that a lot of what you have now won't be transferrable, simply because trying to make a distinct improvement while retaining 100% backward compatability would make any real innovation almost impossible.

But I suspect once we see the new version, we won't mind leaving the old stuff behind. If it really is significantly better, then the old stuff will look pretty cheesy if we could import it.

• Like 1

Ceera is quite right.  Second Life Next Time, or whatever it will be called, is still in the early planning stages so nobody knows what it will look like.  It's probably two years in the future. There are lots of us who have many more years (and a lot more inventory) invested in here than you do.  When the time comes, we can each decide whether we want to move, or stay here, or be in both places.  Until then, don't worry about it. 

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3428 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.