Can second life be run on my kindle fire hd

mavsstorm

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3647 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Question

4 answers to this question

Yes, it can! You can transfer the Lumiya client to it and use it there. I use it on the Kindle Fire HDX with success! You can get it on AndroitPIT. Get the client for AndroitPIT from the Amazon store for free, then you can download it from there, if you have a Payal account.You can also get it from GooglePlay, but you need to have an Android supported mobile device like a smartphone to download it first via Googleplay and a file manager like the ES filemanager to get a backup as APK and then transfer it to your Kindle. Another way would be to "root" the kindle, but you will loose all warrenty!

There are some negative things about Lumiya for me: No Inworld sounds and no voice chat. Music streams will work tho, but depends on your bandwidth a lot. The drawdistance is also limited. But for being inworld, chat with friends and seeing some of the surroundings its a neat thing. Also your Kindle Fire HD will be a bit slow mabye, the HDX has a quadcore with 2.2 GHz and brings an acceptable result for me. But a big plus, you have no monthly fee as some of the text only viewers.

Besides Sven's suggestion of Lumiya, if you're running any Android tablet, you can try the subscription-based service SLGo from OnLive.

Bear in mind that any viewer designed for a smartphone or tablet will be a lot more limited than a "full" viewer designed for a PC.

Sven, could You provide a link or something, please? Because I've looked in the Amazon app store and all I could find was an app for Smart Android News, and one for Android Geek Feedly. That's looking for AndroidPitt. Looking for AndroitPIT, as you had it typed out, showed no results at all. I really don't wan to stop using my Kindle Fire HD, but I'm severely tired of using the text-only Mobile Grid. And Lumiya isn't even an option.

I did try SL Go on my Android phone, but glaucoma+3 inch screen=$10 wasted.*L*

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3647 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.