Please Note: You are currently in Answers Archive. All content within this area is Read-Only and cannot be modified. To actively participate with Second Life Answers, click here.
Answer
Honored Resident
LazerXXX Foxtrot
Accepted Solution
Teleport Problems

I have been having Teleport problems for the past couple of weeks. I either don't TP at all or I sink through the floor to the ground level below me or I crash.If anyone can help me out, I would appreciate it very much. I have been on Sl for over a year now and I have never had this problem before.

Sincerely,

LazerXXX Foxtrot

Answer
Accepted Solution
Cinnamon Lohner
Answered

Hi Lazer,

I've included a link to a thread that covers teleport problems pretty well.  Trouble teleporting, uncontroled avatar (sinking into floor) and crashing all sound like network issues.  Since you've never had the problem before I wouldn't be surprised if its a local network issue that gets resolved without any intervention on your part.  However, here's the things you can consider trying.

--Cinn

Other Answers: 7
Cinnamon Lohner
Answered

Well color me embarrassed.  I just sent you a link to the last help thread for you   I guess you already tried all those things.

What does your viewer's lag meter show?

--Cinn

Honored Resident
LazerXXX Foxtrot
Answered

I would like to thank all those that helped me with this problem. It was an attachment I was wearing. I haven't figured out what it was yet, but I'm thinking it was the boots I had o n with a resizer script in it. I would really like to know how these things mess with TPing as this is something the scripters should be able to work around.

Anyway A BIG THANK YOU to all

Sincerely,

LazerXXX Foxtrot

P.S. Anyone else having these problems should follow the link Cinn provided in her answer to my first post in this thread. Very well detailed and helped me within 5 seconds . HAPPY NEW YEAR

Honored Resident
WynterSkye Gray
Answered

Resize script shoes/apparel are becoming more and more popular and, unfortunately, in the process some are wreaking havoc with teleports.  I can no longer wear my favorite shoes because of this problem .  The shoes/apparel that have HUD based resize abilities don't seem to have the same issues.  Although I doubt all the 'click on' items have this problem I've started avoiding purchasing items that have built in 'click on' resize features to avoid the hassle.

Resident
AlexandraSophia Umarov
Answered

I have not been able to teleport for two days now.. help

Honored Resident
LazerXXX Foxtrot
Answered

Dear Cinn,

It's quite alright . I'm just happy to know there are people out there that are like me and will go to (embarassing) lengths to help  out, hehe. Your answer to my question is still much appreciated

Honored Resident
Ardra Allen
Answered

I have also found that I am unable to teleport anywhere today at all.

Honored Resident
Canis Hykova
Answered

your not the only one, I have been finding that a TP from an LM comes up with a Not available error. opening the map and trying a tp from there takes 3 or 4 attempts and sometimes a disconnect as does a direct tp from a friend, I have tested my ISP speed, its fine, unplugged and re-inserted all network connection several times to ensure a good connection, rebooted my modem and router again several time, I think its a grid problem that seems to particularly affect Europe as most of my Europe friends have been having similar problems, some of my US friends have too but not so many it seems

Toby or not Toby? Thtat is the qwertstion