Please Note: You are currently in Answers Archive. All content within this area is Read-Only and cannot be modified. To actively participate with Second Life Answers, click here.
Answer
Honored Resident
Kram Sadofsky
Accepted Solution
Free Place to Live?

Anyone know about this upcoming place to live?  I started the "Premium" group and now see LL is going to provide...

Answer
Accepted Solution
Ansariel Hiller
Kudos: 885
Solutions: 496
Answered

I only know about the blog post about the Linden Home. Maybe you should check the Linden Home FAQ

If I ever find a smart and funny signature text, you will find it right here!
Other Answers: 6
Marx Dudek
Topics: 4
Solutions: 6
Answered

I am looking forward to this as well.

I've been a little bit discouraged that some of the first areas have been awarded to existing, high-profile residents and content-creators who really don't need a "starter home".  But I'm maintaining optimism that the phase-in will be fair and equitable.

Marx Dudek
Topics: 4
Solutions: 6
Answered

Well, I don't think it's mandatory that a Premium account holder accept the Linden Home if they prefer to use their 512m allocation elsewhere.

If you can deal with not being able to change your house structure and not being able to rez any other kind of extra structure (skybox), it's kind of nice being able to have a fully-built home *and* 117 prims.

Faubio Alter
Answered

I think your saying SL is going to provide free places to live and it's called "Free places to live". I would suspect those would be occupied VERY quickly. There are other place "in world" that provide free short term housing for newbies but they are hard to find. Many of them have strings attached to them, special requirements that might be difficult or uncomfortable for some users.

By-the-way, it's pronounced Faa-b-o or Fau-b-o, if you were wondering. I really should have chosen another name. Your curious about something, you type something into the box and then you stay .... forever: Amazing! (Faubio, head palms) :smileyhappy:
Honored Resident
Kram Sadofsky
Answered

If every paying member would join the Premium Group and donate their land allocation to the group we could all use all the "free" land we want...

Honored Resident
Kram Sadofsky
Answered

Oh, there is info somewhere?  What size home?  Can't be 512...waaay too small.  Apartment?

Honored Resident
Kram Sadofsky
Answered

Well folks, screwed again!  Take the size of the sim and divide by the number of homes... 512 is NOT the answer!

Looks to me like LL noticed how the "Premium" Group has grown quickly to more than 700 members and has come up with this scheme to keep members from being able to have a home of their choice FREE of tier.  I DEMAND LL increase all Premium account member's land allocation to the size of the sim/#homes...  WE should be allowed to decide how we use our land alloction...NOT be forced into squatter homes.

I spend ALOT of money here in SL...and am tired of LL's tricks.  Last time they pulled this my land value went from L$10 to L$4 per sq.m.