Weird display problems..help?

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3658 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

I have a NVIDIA GeForce GT 640 graphics card and I haven't had a problem with SL with it up until recently. Whenever I log out of SL it would give me a black screen with one, thin, coloured line running in a jagged pattern across my screen, then the screen would go black and come back and be fine. I could live with that. 

As of tonight, however, things have changed. Whenever I log out of SL I see stuff like this:

http://imgur.com/J3pgzeb and http://imgur.com/442CQmg

I have to reboot EVERY time in order to get this go away (logging out of Windows 7 doesn't do any good as the weirdness follows me to the log out screen. 

The reason these are cell phone pictures is because when I screen capture the issue, paste it into Paint and save it, then reboot and look at the picture - the screen capture is 100% normal. It doesn't show the weird patterns AT ALL. 

I have tried both Firestorm and the official SL viewer both with the same results. 

I have tried DayZ, Elder Scrolls, Banished, The Sims, Civ5, all full-screen, and none of them give me the issue. 

ONLY SL gives me the issue. 

Does anyone have any idea on what the hell is happening and how to fix it??

OryxIsild wrote:

I have a NVIDIA GeForce GT 640 graphics card and I haven't had a problem with SL with it up until recently. Whenever I log out of SL it would give me a black screen with one, thin, coloured line running in a jagged pattern across my screen, then the screen would go black and come back and be fine. I could live with that. 

As of tonight, however, things have changed. Whenever I log out of SL I see stuff like this:

and 

I have to reboot EVERY time in order to get this go away (logging out of Windows 7 doesn't do any good as the weirdness follows me to the log out screen. 

The reason these are cell phone pictures is because when I screen capture the issue, paste it into Paint and save it, then reboot and look at the picture - the screen capture is 100% normal. It doesn't show the weird patterns AT ALL. 

I have tried both Firestorm and the official SL viewer both with the same results. 

I have tried DayZ, Elder Scrolls, Banished, The Sims, Civ5, all full-screen, and none of them give me the issue. 

ONLY 
SL gives me the issue. 

Does anyone have any idea on what the hell is happening and how to fix it??

Do you use "f.lux" or a similar screen color-adjustment program? What you're seeing sounds exactly like this Firestorm JIRA, which would also have the same effect on the LL viewer:

http://jira.phoenixviewer.com/browse/FIRE-12561

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3658 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.