Returning resident with Singularity media problems, need a resolution?

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3373 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

I have been a member since 2007, and up to 2010 was regular in combat sims, Airports, Blakes Seas and Gorean Life.  However had bad health through 2010-2013 with little expendable income either.

Now things have changed somewhat, I wanted to link my face book page in two new sims to do with My earlier full sim of james Bond Exhibtion, from 2009.

I have seen some absolutely beautiful new stuff, in jewelry and Shoes, fit for a queen to. market place purchases seem much less  a hassle free transaction.

However, even before buying these two sims, to work on up to the release of Bond 24 Spectre, The rather ancient interface of Viewers is already giving me doubts as to the viabilty of the current SL as it stands.

My problem in a few sentences is easy really, but actually it shouldnt be because I had my old computer completely rebuilt, at xmas 2014 so its hardly old hardware. Im a media fanatic, I make, edit, video and sounds, used to use "Streamhoster", very efficiantly to stream my audio clips, voices and vidow clips using Quicktime standard format.

How ever, I started to notice where ever I went that had a cinema, or a vist to a friends house , I can no longer see of hear Video from any media source. Now as Im renting out house boats, and a few skyboxes, its very important that media works. I have a lot of televisions dating back to 2008, the latest one purchased round about 2010.

On visiting 3 places which had cinema screens working, only one I could actually see  a picture, and that seems to be "Flash player", not quicktime, I dont know how long  Flash player was used on SL TVs, but havent got a clue how to stream or make a flash video?  The other Cinema screens, remained blank until I pressed the play button, which resulted, surprisingly with a pop error saying   "Media-plugin-quicktime has failed", "please reload or contact vendor.

Not having ever seen this error before, I was perplexed to say the least, However to my very great horror, I found today, the Viewer that is the only one I ever use,from 2010, Singularity 64bit, for some reason has a completely missing codec to load this media plugin? I went back to the Quicktime site, to download the 64bit version of the player, only to be told there isnt one!!??  use the 32bit version.

I have no idea why Apple Quicktime hasnt made a 64 bit version for windows 7, it isnt as if windows 7 is that new or that old. I did try installing the 32 bit Singularity, but it was really bad, although video now worked, Avartars were missing body parts all over the place, sound became garbled and sound froze into a contineuos buzz, which meant I had to restart the computer to get rid of the crashed sound? I really dont know what to do now,  My computer has never like  phoenix, that always crashes as soon as Im rezzed, so gave that up some years ago, used to use Dolphin, but believe thats defunct now. used Catnipz a few times, but that seem to be out of date too. 

because my sims rely heavily on streaming video sounds and music, I have no idea wether to wait until the new second life gets released, or try another viewer, I have tried tonight "Alchemy", but the graphics were painfull to look at and again mesh clothes were missing allowing invisible people to be seen, I altered the LOD volume from the usual 1.1 up to about 5.00 but made no differance. So has anybody  got any ideas on this media 64bit problem, before I start  spending hundreds of £££ on two new sims. Im very interested in the Flash player Tvs, they actually do work on my 64bit Singularity, its the streaming of flash videos I need advice on , as dont want disgruntled tenants saying to me , cant see any video. Any links on how to stream flash player video, or how to convert an mp4 Quicktime format into Flash format would be very welcome . .wav files I have no problem making, and uploading, and they work fine as before.

is there any way to go fully dedicated flash player video playback and streaming from Stream hoster and by pass the ancient Quicktime player altogether? Thanks for any helpful replies

I'm not going to read all of what you wrote, but the last few releases of Singularity state "Known limitation is the lack of support for the Quicktime plugin which means that certain types of parcel media will not play. Streaming music and shared media (MoaP) are not affected and are fully functional."

You can use another viewer (such as Firestorm) when you wish to view media, or use an older release of Singularity which has the support for it. To do this you'll have to go back a few updates to find one, but there's no other way to work around it as far as I know.

yes well thanks for that, but was still using windows xp at the time with a massive 1 gig old type of video card, At that time, the singularity site made no comment on not being able to work in windows 7, but as I say the singularity 64 bit was installed before I bought my first windows 7 computer, around 5 years ago so I wasnt aware of any issues with it until now. All I did was to install the exe program version that was on windows xp h/d on to the windows 7 h/d directory files x86. havent tried Firestorm, only phoenix which wont keep running, and never has for some unknown reason. I will try this Firestorm viewer and see if its any  better, thanks for that :)

Michaelatv Destiny wrote:

Ok, installed firestorm latest 64 bit version,  the video plug in works ok, but every avatar is missing many if not all its clothes, legs or heads, My avatar is fully rendered, but the others i see have completely missing bodies or holes you can see through. next step? haha

Sounds like an issue with the current video drivers for AMD video cards. Fix described here:

https://modemworld.wordpress.com/2014/12/09/latest-amd-catalyst14-12-drivers-continue-sl-rigged-mesh-woes/#comment-40190

Meanwhile, weren't you the one who was saying that owning regions was far too expensive for someone on a fixed income like yourself? Why are we bothering giving you advice? You don't even listen to yourself.

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3373 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.