Profiles not showing properly

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 2704 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Hi, unsure where to put this thread in, apologies if it is in the wrong place but I'm wondering how do I resolve this issue that I've been having since last night (7th of Nov SL time) where not even my profile shows up properly for me let alone being able to edit it...

The Issue: http://gyazo.com/60587604a6479742a0ed8244d01e021e

I have done ALL of the following:

-Clean reinstalls of firestorm

- Browser cache cleared in Firestorm

-Reinstalled Firefox

- Rebooted Laptop

- Checked on Offical SL Viewer

And it has NOT resolved the issue for me yet. Is anyone else experiencing this issue?

UPDATE: I have also updated Flash, tried the profile picture trick... still no change to the issue.

Hope to hear soon on how to fix it or why it is showing as such as my friends has been able to view it just fine and everything.

Hm, I'm on the latest viewer for Firestorm which is what I'm currently using, (4.6.7.42398) but will check for the LL viewer in a moment and update that and then see if it resolves the issue.

Update: My LL viewer is the 3.7.18, going to update to make sure anyway.

Coby Foden wrote:

Nothing wrong with the viewers. I checked these viewers:

Firestorm 4.6.7 (42398)

Second Life 3.7.19 (295700)

In both viewers the profiles work all right.

Today I updated Linden Lab viewer to version:

Second Life 3.7.20 (296094)

The profiles work perfectly also in this new version; just like in the earlier version.

I'm pretty sure that there is nothing wrong with the viewers.

I semi-understand what is going on here but lack the technical knowledge to explain it.

I've had this happen to me when browsing the Web with my web browser.  Maybe once every couple of months and refreshing the page always fixed. But you can't "refresh" a page in the built in Web Browser.

I know I'm stating the obvious here but for some reason the built in browser is failing to decoded the formatting for the profile.  And to diagnose and repair may require looking into the Viewer logs.

It's possible this is an obscure bug.  There are a few JIRA's that sound similar but no one is providing complete info, screen shots, viewer logs etc.  Here is an example:  https://jira.secondlife.com/browse/BUG-7778

I'm going to suggest a BUG REPORT with ALL the info, screen shots, logs, etc.

This page explains filing a Bug Report.  It's slightly tedious but really not that difficult.

http://community.secondlife.com/t5/English-Knowledge-Base/How-to-report-a-bug/ta-p/733545

It might be working for you but it's certainly broken on BOTH viewers for me though Coby, and yes I updated both so it's identical to yours, or should have been, and updated firefox and adlobe flash aswell.

so it's probably some bug but there's also talk it might be related to something on LL and Amazon's ends, is there anyone that can clairfy this on the forums?

clear cache.JPG  Official Viewer

clear cache 2.JPG   Firestorm

One thing I am unclear on is if clearing Cache in the Official Viewer also clears the Browser Cache like you can do separately in Firestorm.  My thought was the possibilty of a corrupt file.  But generally speaking clearing Cache is a last resort.  I don't see where you can do it separately in the Official Viewer.

It have show and not show. Cannot use the original viewer because the web profile have no show and only that is seen. In firestorm the web profile is optional. Today it is seen, but when it does not show I can turn off. Still this is problem to me also.

• 3 weeks later...

I have had this problem for a couple of weeks now on both the LL viewer and Firestorm.  Both viewers are the latest updates and FS was a clean install.  SL is running on a '09 iMac, 2/8 GHZ, i7, 8 GB RAM, ATI Radeon.  Profile window opens, displays for about two seconds then goes black.  Very annoying.  Any updates and/or suggestions are most welcome.

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 2704 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.