How to change body model?

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3437 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

I have literally looked everywhere and I can't find how to change the body model. I'm currently sruck with the default body model, but I wan't to use something different. The body models I got from the marketplace are currently in my inventory (it has a orange sqare icon). When I try to wear it; it just goes to my hand. Why does this have to be so freaking complicated?

The bodies you bought on the marketplace are "boxed", meaning all the components of the shape/skin are packed into a single object which you have to open.

You must extract the components from the box container, then transfer them to your inventory so you can wear them. 

Don't wear the box. Remember, you have to open the box and use its contents. If you accidentally wear the box and it's attached to your avatar, simply right-click the box and choose Detach

Finding land on which to rez objects

To open and unpack the box your purchase was delivered in, you need to be on land where you have permission to "rez" the box. If you're unsure if you have permission to do this where you are, just visit a sandbox where everyone has permission to "rez."

All you need to know about opening boxed and extracting what's inside is explained here:

http://community.secondlife.com/t5/English-Knowledge-Base/Opening-boxes/ta-p/700185

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3437 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.