Firestorm 4.6.7 (42398) (Firestorm-Releasex64) wierd problem help !?

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3487 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

this is happening recently be4 this some 1 turned me into animal but I fixed that now the sl viewer is leaking or hogging to much ram that I get a messge saying that a programs using to much ram and to shut it down so I click shut it down and it closes the sl viewer what is happening ? I need to fiz this asap I cant be in sl for more then a few minutes or seconds be4 the ram popup messge :( edit systems specs someone always asks for them CPU: AMD Phenom(tm) II X4 810 Processor (2617.37 MHz) Memory: 4094 MB OS Version: Microsoft Windows 8.1 64-bit (Build 9600) Graphics Card Vendor: ATI Technologies Inc. Graphics Card: AMD Radeon R7 260X 2GB Windows Graphics Driver Version: 8.17.0010.1299 OpenGL Version: 4.2.12968 Compatibility Profile Context 14.201.1008.0 ok I just rembered something as im typing this im using some weird amd graphics drivers I found online could that be causing the problem ?

yo! wat a gr8t promlemo u hav ther wel wat u mite try 1st is to detch everything from you're avatr coz u might be wearin somthing very laggy stuffs then try turning your avtar bck to normal human its normal thing when u click da shut down it wil defo shut down nothing worng with dat then instead of using teh weirdo driver u wuld hav better luck if u used normal driver i hope this litle help wil help somthing to fix you're promlem good luck

hey I think I solved the problem if I leave enable openGL vertex buffer objects checked it causes the massive memory leak and the viewer will crash so if you use these drivers don't enable that here the driver info in case someone else is having problems like I did Driver Packaging Version 14.201.1008-140812a-175109C Catalyst Version 14.8 Provider Advanced Micro Devices, Inc. 2D Driver Version 8.01.01.1407 Direct3D Version 9.14.10.01044 OpenGL Version 6.14.10.12968 Mantle Version 9.1.10.0020 AMD Catalyst Control Center Version 2014.0812.1103.17905 AMD Audio Driver Version 9.0.0.9905 I got them from the guru3d website these drivers fix the black screen problem if you have that to ok thnks for any help provided

to any 1 using phoenix viewer 64-bit test this for me ok in the graphic settings look for render glow and set it to 0 off even after unchecking openGL I still got a memory crash :( so im still tryin to find out what happened so do this test for me and let me know if u get the memory popup and crash

Quinn Lysette wrote:

to any 1 using phoenix viewer 64-bit test this for me ok in the graphic settings look for render glow and set it to 0 off even after unchecking openGL I still got a memory crash
:(
so im still tryin to find out what happened so do this test for me and let me know if u get the memory popup and crash

You must mean Firestorm 64-bit viewer (Phoenix viewer is obsolete already).

Ok, now the test:

1. I set "Render Glow" to 0. No memory issues, no crash.

2. I keep Render Glow as above, I unselect "Enable OpenGL Vertex Buffer Objects". No memory issues, no crash.

Tested with viewer:

Firestorm 4.6.7 (42398)

Computer:

CPU: Intel® Core i7-2600K CPU @ 3.40GHz (3411.15 MHz)

Memory: 8169 MB

OS Version: Microsoft Windows 7 64-bit Service Pack 1 (Build 7601)

Graphics Card: GeForce GTX 560 Ti/PCIe/SSE2

PS.

In 64-bit Firestorm I have never had memory issues.

In 32-bit version I had some memory issues (happened quite seldom though).

Add more main memory to your computer.

You now have 4094 MB (= 4 GB) of main memory. Add another 4094 MB so you have total of 8169 MB (= 8 GB)

For 64bit system 4 GB really is not quite enough (even though many 64bit computers are delivered with only 4 GB).
8 GB will make 64bit system happier.

hey everybody if you buy a SSD - Solid State Drive cuz its faster and better then old hard drives DO NOT Turn OFF the paging file nomatter what they tell you even if they tell you it reduces the life of the SSD keep it turned on LoL or the second life viewer will run out of virtual memory and crash cuz for some wierd reason it needs and uses the paging file and ya the problem has been solved an im also now running 16GB of ram LoL  thanks everyone specialy Coby Foden who stuck around an helped out the most

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3487 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.