Day Presets are not Working

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3502 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

I've hunted everywhere for information on this, but I can't find a thing. I'm beginning to think everyone just wanders around in daylight 24/7 in secondlife! 

The sun has been stuck at 4:54 for about the last four days. This is happening for both myself and my landlord. I've asked other people, but they all have a fixed sky. We tried logging in on firestorm, the LL viewer and singularity and got the same effect. She tried changing the day cycle on the sim which didn't work. 

Is anyone else experiencing this? Is it something new that LL has implemented? Is there some setting somewhere I can check or uncheck that might have changed? 

Thank you!

The day presets do work fine for me. The sun moves as it has always moved - unless the region has fixed day set on in the region Windlight settings. I have checked this in the latest Linden Lab viewer and in the latest Firestorm viewer.

Have you been in other regions to see does the time of day change there for you? In Linden Lab viewer enable:
"World, Sun, Use Region Settings". Then teleport to different regions and observe what happens.

You can also try the following as an another test:

From the menu select "World, Environment Editor, Environment Setting..." And there:
• First enable "Customize my environment"
• And then at the "Sky / Day Cycle" enable "Day Cycle".
Then observe what happens.

Are you both only seeing this problem on one particular region and does everyone see the same problem on that region?

If so it's possible that regions estate has a bad estate sun setting.

The estate-wide environment settings have been deprecated and the estate setting should be ignored by the regions and the regions should only use the per-region day cycle setting.

It can happen that a bad estate sun setting gets stuck though and changing the regions daycycle will have no effect.

If this is the case then LL have to fix that bad estate sun setting at the backend.

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3502 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.