You are currently in the Forum Archive. All content within this area is Read-Only and cannot be modified. Active Forums can be found here.
New Resident
Orthello Quan

setting a group

hello, this is my first post so hope I am in right place, but I need to know if I start a group, is there away that I can stop member of that group seeing other members of the same group

Cinnamon Lohner

Re: setting a group

Reply to Orthello Quan - view message

Orthello Quan wrote:

hello, this is my first post so hope I am in right place, but I need to know if I start a group, is there away that I can stop member of that group seeing other members of the same group

No.  All members of a group can see one another in the Group info.  Out of curiosity, why would you need or want invisible group members?

--Cinn

Venus Petrov
Topics: 74

Welcome to the forum!

If this person is a member of the group, they will be able to see all other members.  The only way to keep them from seeing other members is to kick them from the group.

=== Start and end your day with a smile ===
New Resident
Orthello Quan

cos i had a group before where it was used to enroll people to my club, but I found out that someone copied my idea & then went & told all in my group to join them.so wanted to stop that happening again

Venus Petrov
Topics: 74

Orthello Quan wrote:

cos i had a group before where it was used to enroll people to my club, but I found out that someone copied my idea & then went & told all in my group to join them.so wanted to stop that happening again

Well, you can control who gets admitted into your group by adding people yourself (rather than allowing them to join for 0L or whatever).  Having a group for a club is very common and lots of people join multiple club groups.  Just focus on having an awesome club and your group will grow.

=== Start and end your day with a smile ===
Honored Resident
Amity Slade

I'll second Venus's advice.  I had a club for about 18 months.  Though I don't know of specific instances of other clubs poaching my membership lists, it's something I was always aware could happen.  Just like when dancers from other clubs came in to my club, I know my guests would be reading the advertisements of thier clubs in their profiles, and that those dancers would probably use socialization with my guests as means of inviting my guests to rival clubs.

As long as rivals weren't acting in a disrespectful measure (using my club's Group chat, openly soliciting at my club in public chat, harassing or spamming my guests), I didn't worry about it.  For one thing, there's really not much I can do about it.  Secondly, if I and my staff were doing our job and giving our guests a good time, I knew they weren't leaving my club to go elsewhere.  Third, my club was only open a couple of hours a night-  where our guests went when we weren't open wasn't a problem with me.  Finally, no matter how good your club is, no one is going to come every night.  People want variety.  A reasonable goal is to have your guests visit frequently, not constantly.  Respect the fact that your guests ultimately make the final choice of where they want to go out of their own free will, and don't treat your guests as if they are your possessions.