You are currently in the Forum Archive. All content within this area is Read-Only and cannot be modified. Active Forums can be found here.
Honored Resident
Electra Mesmeriser

Weather In SL????????

So I am curious to know ppl's opinions on this........do you like winter/summer/dark and gloomy? 

HAPPY HOLIDAYS EVERYONE!! NOW BREAK OUT THE EGG NOG AND HAVE FUN! :smileywink:
Venus Petrov
Topics: 74

Re: Weather In SL????????

Reply to Electra Mesmeriser - view message

Humm...the variety of weather in SL suits me just fine.  No tornados, hurricanes, paralyzing blizzards, monsoons, or droughts.

I have a tropical hut in a warm weather mainland sim and a cabin in a mainland snow sim.  All I need to do is to landscape another parcel to replicate my favorite season, autumn, and I will be a happy camper.

=== Start and end your day with a smile ===
Honored Resident
Electra Mesmeriser

Awesome!   When young I loved winter and still like the snow (for Christmas) then it can go lol........but for SL........I am summer......laying on the beach or sitting on the deck listening to the birds

Caitlin Tobias
Topics: 24
Solutions: 2

Ah, the weather..such a hot (or better: cold) topic in Europe at the moment.

As for SL, I like to follow the seasons as we have them in RL (a group with mostly Europeans) on our sim, giving it some variety throughout the year and for some odd reason it makes sense.

Our group, we live on the sim, is a bit gothic-like in building style and we never felt the need for a tropical, palm tree, environment, as this does not really suit the buildings. At this moment our sim is covered in snow, as most of our  members experience in RL as well. Of course in SL we do not have to put up with all the discomforts, but we just like it !

Probably in february I will remove the snow and make it a (dull) winter-land, and in April I will start a bit with spring..and so on!

I travel through Second Life, and when I get home I write about it: Caits World
Honored Resident
Saucerhunter Wezzog

Global warming you just got to love it!! Me and my wife in SL own a parcel and have all the land rights so we can do just about anything we want to with the land. It's set on an island theme, very nice, there's so many palm trees planted they act as a screen you can not even see the other parcels through the trees. It's very private. I like the island theme, you see I drive 8 to 10 hours a day through snow and ice for a living and the last thing I want to see in SL is snow and ice. Ha, ha. Well it's christmas time, and honey we have to decorate. What you want to do with the land?? She brings in an ice sheet overlay and now all the sand and terrain is covered in ice We got this blizzard going on, you can not even see the dogs on the beach from 30 meters away and their are so many snowmen I can not count them all. I just want to cry. Bwahaha.... But she's my Baby and anything to keep her happy. Guys you don't want an unhappy woman on your hands. Trust me on that one.

Honored Resident
Electra Mesmeriser

Great responses everyone!  Keep them coming!!  WOOT!!