You are currently in the Forum Archive. All content within this area is Read-Only and cannot be modified. Active Forums can be found here.
Blaze Borgin

Wearing Copybotted items violates the TOS/community standards?

So one of my friends told me that his girlfriend was banned from SL just for wearing copybotted items that she had in her inventory, even though she, herself, didn't bot them. He then told me he confirmed with a member of Linden Labs' staff that you can, indeed, get banned just for wearing the copybotted items. However, I hear from other people that the linden's don't care if people are wearing copybotted MG items as long as they didn't bot them themselves or don't try to sell them. Is wearing copybotted items considered a violation now?

Suspiria Finucane
Topics: 57

Re: Wearing Copybotted items violates the TOS/community standards?

Reply to Blaze Borgin - view message

Blaze Borgin wrote:

Is wearing copybotted items considered a violation now?

If someone got banned for it, I would say yes.

For some reason I think there's more to the story.

Walk, walk fashion baby, Work it, Move that b!tch crazy...

Walk, walk passion baby, Work it, I'm a free b!tch, baby!

Suspiria
Dana Hickman
Topics: 2

It's possible the creator saw this girl wearing it, or someone notified the creator with proof that it's ripped, and the creator filed a DMCA on her.. which would result in a takedown and possible banning if it was the first instance of that item noticed. More widespread items, like one's already reported and filed on usually end up with LL removing the item from the inventory and leaving a notecard/sending an email notifying you that the item was removed for dmca reasons. I haven't ever heard of someone getting banned merely for receiving and using such items, unless they were a part of, or really close to the original theft.

Honored Resident
Shae Alchemi

As far as purchases go,  how are we to tell the difference if the item for sale has been botted?  I am interested in knowing what to look for so as to avoid this kind of trouble.

The Grove will be back!! I can still do pics if you need them!!!
Faubio Alter

Your asking about corporate policy you'd better ask the people in the know.

http://secondlife.com/support/

This is not a standard TOS issue to my knowledge.

By-the-way, it's pronounced Faa-b-o or Fau-b-o, if you were wondering. I really should have chosen another name. Your curious about something, you type something into the box and then you stay .... forever: Amazing! (Faubio, head palms) :smileyhappy:
Blaze Borgin

Well, if you're using viewer 2.0, you can search on youtube "How to find out if something is copybotted" or something like that. You'll come across this little instructional video that a teen grid resident made. It's pretty useful. If you're on emerald, just right click the item and select inspect and check if the timestamps on the prims are squenced.

Blaze Borgin

I really doubt that's a possibility. Nearly all of the copybotted content on the teen grid is main grid items. The only way the original creator could've seen the item would be if they faked their age or it was the off chance it was a CBed teen grid item. And normally, teen gridders can't realy do much about this kind of stuff.

Blaze Borgin

I already know two people who contacted live support to ask whether or not this would be considered a violation. One got the answer yes, the other, no. Should I try contacting live support?

Faubio Alter

LOL, From above

Your asking about corporate policy you'd better ask the people in the know.

http://secondlife.com/support/

This is not a standard TOS issue to my knowledge.

By-the-way, it's pronounced Faa-b-o or Fau-b-o, if you were wondering. I really should have chosen another name. Your curious about something, you type something into the box and then you stay .... forever: Amazing! (Faubio, head palms) :smileyhappy:
Ceka Cianci

Blaze Borgin wrote:

I already know two people who contacted live support to ask whether or not this would be considered a violation. One got the answer yes, the other, no. Should I try contacting live support?

i thought i found something but it wasn't what i thought it was ..sorry for the post lol

“Common sense and a sense of humor are the same thing, moving at different speeds".

"A sense of humor is just common sense, dancing".”*winks*
My Flickr