You are currently in the Forum Archive. All content within this area is Read-Only and cannot be modified. Active Forums can be found here.
Recognized Resident
Randy Burt

Trapped In World

Friends are trapped in world and cant get out.    they can not sign in cause they are trapped in world.    some say Linden keeps them there so their numbers look high?     and one was told he had to wait till the next update, there is a bug, and they wont sign him out. so he cant sign in???

Re: Trapped In World

Reply to Randy Burt - view message

Randy Burt wrote:

Friends are trapped in world and cant get out.    they can not sign in cause they are trapped in world.    some say Linden keeps them there so their numbers look high?     and one was told he had to wait till the next update, there is a bug, and they wont sign him out. so he cant sign in???

You can try send them something like an object a notecard even 1$L .  Sometimes this is enought to get them unstuck. Good Luck I hope this helps them out.

" Reality is merely an illusion, albeit a very persistent one. "

★ Albert Einstein ★

SL Offworld Forum

Griffin Ceawlin

some say Linden keeps them there so their numbers look high?

"Some" are wrong.

and one was told he had to wait till the next update, there is a bug, and they wont sign him out.

Told by whom? Unlikely, to say the least.

:smileymad: I'm only a part-time b*tch :smileywink:
My time inworld is limited, and precious. IMs detailing your bruised ego are unwelcome.
Go to my Forum profile and try a PM instead. I may even respond.
~ My Silly Little Blog ~
Recognized Resident
Kaiii Zane

Easy way to fix is to have a friend logon and sent an IM or notecard to the sim owner asking them to restart the sim.

Or, create an ALT to logon and do the same.

Honored Resident
Monicaoolala Hastings

Send your friends an im, always works for me when my alt is stuck in-world and can't log in.

"If you couldn't dream what would be the point!"

Owner and Ceo of Three Graces Designs
http://slurl.com/secondlife/Magic%20Land/45/133/22
Honored Resident
Ariu Arai

If your friends are stuck in mainland sims, you'll need to contact LL Support ( Submit a ticket ) requesting a reboot of the region. If it's a private region ( Not a part of the mainland ), then you'll need to contact the sim owner instead, requesting a reboot of the region. By the way, tomorrow morning all of the regions will be restarted for software updates. So it might be best just to wait until then, though it's really up to your friends and whether or not they can wait.

PS: This issue is known as "Ghosted avatars". The only surefire way to fix the issue is to have the sim the ghosted avatar in rebooted.

Thinkerer Melville