You are currently in the Forum Archive. All content within this area is Read-Only and cannot be modified. Active Forums can be found here.
Resident
Gus Manen

*Third Party Linden Seller - SCAM, BEWARE!*

Recently I was curious about purchasing Linden from companies and individuals besides LL, I consulted the SL TOS and under section 5.3 this what allowed as long as the seller uses legal means to obtain their mechandise.

On Friday, 09/3/10, I searched for the lowest priced Lidens and found them from a website called:

"vcsale.com"

run by a company called "21st Century Gaming Inc"

I purchased L$10,000 for $30.99USD from them that night and when I awoke the following Saturday morning, my account was placed on "Administrative Hold" from by LL.  When I got a hold of LL on the phone after the holiday weekend they informed me that the Linden I received was STOLEN from a hacked account!  LL immediately confiscated the Linden and suggested that I contact the company I purchased it from for a refund.

I have been contacting 21st Century Gaming Inc for a week now trying to get this straightened out and they refuse to give me a refund or even admit that they sold me stolen merchandise.  I have threatened them with legal action "Petty Theft" as well as suing them for an unspecified amount due to their being responsible for a temporary lose of access to my account and the pain they have caused me in the meantime.  These are not empty threats, I have been talking to a lawyer who informs me that these complaints are valid and I have a good chance to win a case against them with the proof I have at hand of their wrong doing.

The primary purpose of this forum post is to serve as a WARNING for any other SL players: DO NOT USE THIS COMPANY  they use illegal and unethical means to obtain the product they sell and your account WILL be suspended and potentially banned by LL if you have a history of dealing with companies like this.

----

Comments are welcomed, but please heed my warning.

Are you a Furry? Are you looking for a place to hang out the natural way? Come Visit Bare Fur Nude Beach: In Game.
http://www.barefur.info
Jae Serrao
Topics: 0
Solutions: 0

Re: *Third Party Linden Seller - SCAM, BEWARE!*

Reply to Gus Manen - view message

A quick search of the main companies Name and you will find that their is a standing class action lawsuit against this company.

Maybe you should look at a few references next time before jumping on a deal that sounds to good to be true.

Furthermore make sure you follow up with PayPal if you used this way to pay or any of the payment assisting companies, cause they have MUCH better lawyers then this little scam artist website, bet on that.

J. Serrao Naughty Sports Wear - "Where the Naughty Girls Go!"
J. Serrao Skins & Avatars - "Simply Irresistible"
Honored Resident
Seductress Viper

There was a thread not too long ago about someone being in the same predicament as you, in fact... i'm sure they even purchased from the same site as you and suffered the same consequences as well. Honestly, if you are going to purchase from third parties then do alot of research; because you are risking a lot just to save a few bucks.

Do good things and good things happen, do bad things and bad things happen - Karma ^^
Honored Resident
Ravin Draconia

I always wonder why people will risk thier money through 3rd party vendors rather than go through the Lindex. In an effort to gain less than L$2,000, you are now out the whole amount.

Caveat Emptor.

Check out my Derivative Work,
The Starship Fabrication Project: The Botany Bay Build
at
Ravin's Headspace
Honored Resident
HenryWotton Rage

I'm sorry for what happened to you

Thank you for shareing this, i really hope everything will turn good for you

Magnek Fang

Maybe because LL insists on people using verified Paypal accounts, meaning accounts that are linked to a bank account or credit card, which will cause finacial disaster should someone hack into it, which is what happened to a friend of mine when she tried SL out during it's first year, where payment info was mandatory.

Recognized Resident
Morphine Whiteberry

I bought sme lindens from ebay a few years ago, only to find my account locked and once reopened my balance was in minus figures lol. Never did that again

Ceka Cianci

Gus Manen wrote:

Recently I was curious about purchasing Linden from companies and individuals besides LL, I consulted the SL TOS and under section 5.3 this what allowed as long as the seller uses legal means to obtain their mechandise.

On Friday, 09/3/10, I searched for the lowest priced Lidens and found them from a website called:

"vcsale.com"

run by a company called "21st Century Gaming Inc"

I purchased L$10,000 for $30.99USD from them that night and when I awoke the following Saturday morning, my account was placed on "Administrative Hold" from by LL.  When I got a hold of LL on the phone after the holiday weekend they informed me that the Linden I received was STOLEN from a hacked account!  LL immediately confiscated the Linden and suggested that I contact the company I purchased it from for a refund.

I have been contacting 21st Century Gaming Inc for a week now trying to get this straightened out and they refuse to give me a refund or even admit that they sold me stolen merchandise.  I have threatened them with legal action "Petty Theft" as well as suing them for an unspecified amount due to their being responsible for a temporary lose of access to my account and the pain they have caused me in the meantime.  These are not empty threats, I have been talking to a lawyer who informs me that these complaints are valid and I have a good chance to win a case against them with the proof I have at hand of their wrong doing.

The primary purpose of this forum post is to serve as a WARNING for any other SL players: DO NOT USE THIS COMPANY  they use illegal and unethical means to obtain the product they sell and your account WILL be suspended and potentially banned by LL if you have a history of dealing with companies like this.

----

Comments are welcomed, but please heed my warning.

Wow i just don't trust anything outside of LL when it comes to anything with my account..i've never been taken but i sure have heard a lot of these stories before with a few games..the savings are just not worth the cost in the end..

i know you know that..but still gives me the heebeejeebee's when i think of those places.

i'm sure you have done this already..but for people that don't know..first thing before doing anything in a hack is change all your information with funds..contact your bank and paypal and anything related to have numbers and passwords ect changed..because they will empty those things  faster than a 6 legged jack rabbit..

i hope you get everythign restored with LL..the 31.00 i doubt you will see..just hope they didn't do more bad things to you than that..good luck with everything..i really hate to see this happend to you..

“Common sense and a sense of humor are the same thing, moving at different speeds".

"A sense of humor is just common sense, dancing".”*winks*
My Flickr
Honored Resident
Kitty Pashinin

I had a similar thing happen to me and the reason I went outside of LL to buy lindens is so I could use a prepaid card.. I don't want to put all the lindens I buy on my credit card but they don't allow prepaid.. Just  a warning..  don't buy from this place either.. They refused to refund my money even after I sent proof to them my money was taken back by LL.. The proof they requested btw... so don't buy from this one either should you decide to buy lindens other than thru LL..

http://www.mmoxe.com/

GothGirl Demonia

Do not buy from Third Party Sites. Once you make the buy, and usually pay by paypal, and they have any proof of delivery they Deliver it to you. After that anything that happens, an account suspension, account ban, or GM removing your virtual Gold or items, LL is not liable for such, and you should not trust third party sites. Although there are Legal sites you are taking that risk by doing such, also some sites require registration info which can be used to compromise your account, never use the same password,ect, and if you dont have very good security they could keylog you. Stolen cash is a big problem among what we call Chineese Gold Farmers who sell stolen game items and currency all the time, and half of these are located outside the United States, so it would be hard to sue.

IF you want your money back, and have been scammed, Simply do this.

1. Contact paypal if you purchased through them, and simply tell them you never got your goods even if they did deliver them.

2. If paypal does not help you, contact your Credit Card Company, and tell them what happend that you never got what you paid for, and they will usually refund the money for fraud, but you have to do it fast after it happend within like 30 days before the money is actually sent.

This has happend to me a couple of times, and I got my money back.

Also if you paid by Credit Card, then I would say you should get a new one, and report that one Lost/Stolen because they could use it on other sites and such, and scam you even more. I had this happen from a site like this as well.

If you do win the most they can really do is ban you from ever purchasing from their site again, but who cares they scammed you, also most these sites have agreements you have to accept that say once it is delivered no refunders under any circumstances, and that is it no matter what, its your problem after that.

Also im no lawyer but even if they have a policy listed somewhere else on the site, and you were not asked to agree to it on purchase, you can simply claim there was none, and no agreement, because I checked to purchase from there and there was no such thing there for me to accept at purchase.