You are currently in the Forum Archive. All content within this area is Read-Only and cannot be modified. Active Forums can be found here.
Loren Twine

The "lightest" viewer these days

I have an old laptop I'm using during my vacation, and I am able to run SL on it with graphics on low, and patience on ultra. I'm using ye olde 1.23.5.

Is there a viewer that might run better than this one, or is everything else just gonna bitchslap my laptop and kick it in the jingle balls?

Honored Resident
Andrei Xonfor

Re: The "lightest" viewer these days

Reply to Loren Twine - view message

You might try the old Imprudence viewer.  I still run it on an old laptop when I'm not at home.

http://wiki.kokuaviewer.org/wiki/Downloads

Honored Resident
AllieZandria Mirabella

I have a mini laptop acer I use a lot when I cant use the desk top, for you to be able to even use Ultra, I am a little jealous lol. However, 1.23 is the one I have found that works the best for me on my laptop I wish you best of luck! Your best bet is to do custom settings, I usually keep avatar settings high and everything else a bit lower unless I am taking pictures or something in that matter where it needs to be higher. this can help it run faster also.

Void Singer
Solutions: 64

Cool still has a v1.23.5 version available... it has several updates and patches over the standard v1.23.5... however it's recently been shelved for support (no more updates coming)... there's also a v1.19 (pre-windlight) version that's in a similar situation...

I'm not sure anyone else is maintaining 1.23 codebase updates... all the TPV's seem to have moved on to supporting snowglobe v1.4 or higher

- Farewell to your ports and good luck to you all
Loren Twine

Hehe, I said "graphics on low, and patience on ultra." As in my patience.   I do tweak settings, but was hoping there was a viewer kinder to this lappie.

Will look into the ones mentioned so far, ty.