You are currently in the Forum Archive. All content within this area is Read-Only and cannot be modified. Active Forums can be found here.
Honored Resident
Sebastian Laurent

Televsion that plays Netflix's "Watch Anytime"?

Hi, everyone.  I was wondering if a television exists in Second Life that can play movies from Netflix?  I'm not sure if this is even possible, obviously.  Does anyone know?

Vladi Hazelnut

Re: Televsion that plays Netflix's "Watch Anytime"?

Reply to Sebastian Laurent - view message

Not that I know of, but you can by DVDs and DVD players in second life and watch movies that way. Around 4-5 hundred lindens a movie I think on average. I could never understand the apeal of watching tv or movies in second life. If I want to watch tv or a movie I will shut the computer off and turn on my tv. The picture and sound is much better lol.

Void Singer
Solutions: 64

can't be done currently, at least not in any sensible way.... netflix requires silverlight which doesn't run in the SL mini browser.

- Farewell to your ports and good luck to you all
Bliss Zufreur

it actually can be done with media on a prim...but it doesn't seem to be share-able

only the one with the account can see the movie, and everyone else just gets the login screen

that was our experience anyway...

"If you wish to drown, do not torture yourself with shallow water"
Void Singer

you managed to get it to show up at all via shared media? I know you can browse, but you got the actual movie? gratz!

Bliss Zufreur

heheh....my partner got to see it...i don't have an account...

but yeah...it's apparently possible

"If you wish to drown, do not torture yourself with shallow water"
Void Singer

nice, i'll have to play around with that some more.... could be useful for Machinima (especially with all the old crap movies that are available on instant play)

Honored Resident
Sebastian Laurent

Somewhat disappointing, but I guess that makes sense.  I was hoping I could watch movies at my house and have friends over.  Oh, well.

RockAndRoll Michigan

The appeal is really very simple. I have an SL house and a TV showing Iron Man 2 (just for example). I want to watch it. You want to watch it with me. How? Well, you can come to my RL home if you don't already live here. Unlikely, isn't it? Other option: You come to my SL home and we watch it together. Practical solution.

There's the biggest appeal they offer, the ability to allow friends from multiple locations to get together and enjoy a common movie experience.

Void Singer

... which also happens to be illegal because of the means required to do it from within SL (not that I'm saying that's right, I think it's stupid, but there you have it)