You are currently in the Forum Archive. All content within this area is Read-Only and cannot be modified. Active Forums can be found here.
Recognized Resident
Zeppo OHare

Re: Squatting on abandoned land

Reply to Starchild Magic - view message

I know someone now squatting on land he doesn't pay for. I reported it to LL. They don't care.

Honored Resident
Aeric Kingsley

Here's my funniest story about sl squatters.

A friend took me to her old home where she used to squat underwater, and like she said, it had rez permissions.

I saw a dot on the mini map, nearby so I looked on the radar and saw an inactive furry avatar chained to the floor in an underwater cave surrounded by animation balls.

I tp'd us over to have a look, and we tried out some of the animations (with our clothes on) and yup, they were kinky sex animations. Closer inspection showed they were put there by furries with a scuba fetish who'd made a nest there.

Then someone walked in and said something and the furry spoke to them, indicating that she'd been watching us all along, so we ran away.

Personaly I would like to thank Linden Labs for ignoring the squatter issue, because it gave me the opportunity to wind my friend up about the kind of neighbourhoods she lives in.

Sandra Frascati wrote:

Yay. Let there be squatters and complainers of squatters. Let there be millionaires and peasants and thieves and police and gipsies and jugglers and vicars and prostitutes, let all human life be here, the more the messier the better.

If only the psychologists and sociologists and the rest would realise it, Second Life could be the greatest tool in the world for social studies and experiments, some ideas for which might make a separate thread from someone.

yeah, I agree.  good post Sandra!

--------------------------------------------------------------
a legend in my own mind
tako Absent
Blog Posts: 0

..and where can i find abandoned land? Kinda curious, I want to squat... lol