You are currently in the Forum Archive. All content within this area is Read-Only and cannot be modified. Active Forums can be found here.
Resident
Maxwell Mohr

Is there a text based SL app like SLiteChat for cell phones?

I have been looking around searching for the possibilty of a text based chat viewer for my cell phone.  Something similar to SLiteChat.  I haven't had any luck.  I might just be out of luck.  I unfortunatly dont have a smartphone on a 3G network.  I use a Pantech Jest, which is a prepaid phone from Verison.  If there is no such app is it possible to SMS text from to and from your cell phone?  I was kinda hoping for something where I could see who was online from my phone.  If anybody can help that would be great.  Thanks!  -Maxwell Mohr

Topics: 4

Re: Is there a text based SL app like SLiteChat for cell phones?

Reply to Maxwell Mohr - view message

Right now I think there are only Sl clients for Iphones and not yet for other smartphones, the closests you can come on your phone, if you have email access, is the IM to email interface but that only works if the inworld avatars send you an IM first.

It might be posible to do a reverse email to IM interface using the email functions from LSL but it won't be pretty or easy to use

*mew*
Recognized Resident
Aleks Winslet

If it´s a Android Based Smartphone you can use :

Mobile Grid

Honored Resident
Danni Okelly

I believe the Mobile Grid CLient works on andriods and the fee is 250L per month.

Danni Okelly

Smile, it makes people wonder what you're up to. :smileyhappy:
Honored Resident
Campanula Aeon

Um there is an email relay that can be rezzed inworld by RD (whoever that is). You email to the regular standard address your relay provides you with and use the name of the avi you want to message as the subject. It converts the email inworld to a green chat message - can contact anybody you want - and won't really be mistaken as a normal inworld message due to text colour. May be what you require in the short term.

If you catch me inworld I can give you the name of the creator - can't remember offhand

Resident
Maxwell Mohr

I think I might be out of luck as I originaly thought.  I just cant afford 100 bucks a month for a smartphone right now.  Oh well.  Thanks for your replies:smileyhappy:

Honored Resident
Dark Zebendein

Mobile Grid Client isnt an approved TPV I wouldnt use it.  Ajax has been defunct for at least 5 months.  Basically if you dont have an iphone you are boned.  Ive been waiting for an android app for a while.  If anyone finds one let me know please.

"In God we trust, all others we monitor" - NSA motto