You are currently in the Forum Archive. All content within this area is Read-Only and cannot be modified. Active Forums can be found here.
Resident
Destru Avedon

IC to OOC relationships

Have you ever started an IC relationship in an RP sim, and then have it turn into something RL? How did it turn out?

Helper
Storm Clarence

Re: IC to OOC relationships

Reply to Destru Avedon - view message

Destru Avedon wrote:

Have you ever started an IC relationship in an RP sim, and then have it turn into something RL? How did it turn out?

IMHO, NSG.  But the next time IWTH.  I wish I was more helpful, but I am OCD.

PS Good Luck.  HNY. 

Venus Petrov
Topics: 74

Welcome to the forum!

And, no.

=== Start and end your day with a smile ===
Senkiya Zsun

To save anyone else Googling this (like I had to):

IC/OOC = in character/out of character, i.e., roleplay character and person piloting that character - can the two eventually blend with respect to two players interacting?

Interesting question (once you know what it means). I can imagine it happening.
I roleplay to quite an extent myself when I'm on SL, but not in a structured way, not to rules; so my experiences aren't really in the same context.

pre·var·i·cate intr.v. pre·var·i·cat·ed, pre·var·i·cat·ing, pre·var·i·cates:
To stray from or evade the truth; equivocate.
Helper
Storm Clarence

Senkiya Zsun wrote:

To save anyone else Googling this (like I had to):

IC/OOC = in character/out of character, i.e., roleplay character and person piloting that character - can the two eventually blend with respect to two players interacting?

Interesting question (once you know what it means). I can imagine it happening.
I roleplay to quite an extent myself when I'm on SL, but not in a structured way, not to rules; so my experiences aren't really in the same context.

NVM, TIRMR, I read it wrong.

To save time googling: TIRMR =Then I retract my response.

PS TY

Jilla Lamar

Destru Avedon wrote:

Welcome to the infamous GD forum.

I've not taken the RP or any SL relationship to RL (and never will) but the RP led to more in SL than the roles we played.

P.S.It worked out very well.

Take a hammer to the prison walls. Escape. Walk out like someone suddenly born into color. ~Rumi

◇ ◆When you change the way you look at things, the things you look at change.◆ ◇
Honored Resident
Falcon Mountain

Run for your life!!

No Comment!

Elisheva Sopwith

Yes. This happens all the time. People start out by roleplaying, the fantasy blends into reality, the relationship becomes real and OOC and all of them meet in rl, find the other person to be the exact age, weight and social class they claim to be, as well as professionally successful and quite extraordinarily beautiful and they all live happily ever after in a castle atop a hill with a bondage dungeon.

Han Held

match.com is thataway---->

Google SLUniverse when you get tired of risking inworld bans for your forum posts :3

Ceka Cianci

Destru Avedon wrote:

a few years ago before sl in another virtual world .ya..when i was much younger and more gulible..

How did it turn out?

well he is not around anymore..

“Common sense and a sense of humor are the same thing, moving at different speeds".

"A sense of humor is just common sense, dancing".”*winks*
My Flickr