You are currently in the Forum Archive. All content within this area is Read-Only and cannot be modified. Active Forums can be found here.
Honored Resident
Axiom Serenity

I need help singing in Second Life

Hello!

I'm not sure if this is the right place for this...

But I need help with singing in Second Life.

I have Windows 7 64 Bit, a newish laptop and very little money . I currently use Winamp and Windows Media Player.

My only microphone right now is a Logitech headset , this might be part of the problem.

Now when I sing, people say they cannot hear the BG music and someone suggested that it might be an issue with mixing or something like that. Seeing as I only have a earphone microphone at the moment, it seems for now I either stream the music so loud I cannot hear my voice or I can hear my voice and they can't hear the BG music.

Help/Advice?

Honored Resident
Ophelia Pelazzi

Re: I need help singing in Second Life

Reply to Axiom Serenity - view message

FIrst, check the settings for your mic and your music. The default is to fade the music when you talk, so this is probably your problem. I don't use winamp myself, but I know SAM does the same thing. Good luck.

Advisor
Wildcat Furse

Hello Axiam, u might wanna check out TRAX MUSIC RESOURCE CENTER, a community that is dedicated to live SL singers and bands .... sure you will find support here *meows*

Magnus Brody

Axiom Serenity wrote:

I currently use Winamp and Windows Media Player.

My only microphone right now is a Logitech headset , this might be part of the problem.

That may be your problem, if your logitech headset is usb.  I have a usb wireless headset and, before I open the program I want to use, I have to set my comp to headset or speakers.  I cannot, for example, use the mic on my usb headset whilst streaming from winamp at the same time.  The mic needs to be set to "name of headset" in windows Recording Devices, but I think winamp wants to use the realtek audio for output.  On my comp this sets up a conflict and it ignores the headset mic.

The only solution might be to get a proper dj mic with a 3.5mm jack which plugs into the mic socket on your comp.

Visit a club, tip a singer towards the end of their set and ask for some advice - you'll find all singers on sl, almost without exception, to be friendly and helpful.

KBO
http://magnusbrody.blogspot.com
estd. 2006