You are currently in the Forum Archive. All content within this area is Read-Only and cannot be modified. Active Forums can be found here.
Love Leonoase

How to save a texture/picture to your computer

So I have a couple people who have forwarded their pics to me, but I cannot seem to save them to my computer...  there is a "Save As" button, but it doesn't give me the option to click it, nor am I able to select the picture to copy or right-click it.

How can I save this pic?

Eloise Baily
Topics: 13
Solutions: 3

Re: How to save a texture/picture to your computer

Reply to Love Leonoase - view message

The pictures are considered to be the property of the person who took them and can't be directly saved to your hard drive. You can save pics and textures that you took yourself though.

Set up an email you don't care about and get them to send them there. You need their permission to keep them outside of SL.

Hope that helps.

El x

I don't like hedgehogs. Why should they get all the hedge?

Love Leonoase

Eloise.Baily wrote:

The pictures are considered to be the property of the person who took them and can't be directly saved to your hard drive. You can save pics and textures that you took yourself though.

Set up an email you don't care about and get them to send them there. You need their permission to keep them outside of SL.

Hope that helps.

El x

Oh I see, so this is designed PURPOSELY to not allow you to save a copy.....

Another reason I wanted to save a copy is to blow the picture up, zoom in, edit, etc.............   but I guess I'll have to have them forward to me outside of SL.

thx!

bee Baroque

unless the picture they gave you is full perms it's not possible to save it to your computer, that is why the "save as" option is greyed out. assuming you have the picture open at the time. if they haven't changed the permissions on the pics the default permissions are no copy/no mod. they may not be aware of the perms. you can ask them for full perm pics because you want to save it to disk, or use the e-mail option as suggested.

this is not a signature
Eloise Baily

Got it in one!

yvw.

El x

Topics: 29
Solutions: 2

Love Leonoase wrote:

Eloise.Baily wrote:

Hope that helps.

El x

Oh I see, so this is designed PURPOSELY to not allow you to save a copy.....

Another reason I wanted to save a copy is to blow the picture up, zoom in, edit, etc.............   but I guess I'll have to have them forward to me outside of SL.

thx!

Have them give you a copy/mod/transfer version of the picture. That should allow you to save it to your computer just fine.

*~*Argus-eyed = on the lookout for danger*~* SLMarketplace Link
Eloise Baily

Oops, my mistake. Yeah, full perms should do it. Thanks Argus and apologies for my dumb thinking .

El x

Love Leonoase

bee Baroque wrote:

unless the picture they gave you is full perms it's not possible to save it to your computer, that is why the "save as" option is greyed out. assuming you have the picture open at the time. if they haven't changed the permissions on the pics the default permissions are no copy/no mod. they may not be aware of the perms. you can ask them for full perm pics because you want to save it to disk, or use the e-mail option as suggested.

a ha!

Thank you!

bee Baroque

most welcome

this is not a signature
Honored Resident
Fern Eyre

this is effectively stealing the image,  that and the resolution of it would be terrible so it wouldn't be very useful.