You are currently in the Forum Archive. All content within this area is Read-Only and cannot be modified. Active Forums can be found here.
New Resident
Hollylea95

How to get a partner in second life?

Hello, my RL partner is a second life resident and his profile shows that he has a partner. He tells me this is because of his participation in the Bloodlines game - this is causing us a lot of grief because of my 'worry' over this. Is his explanation correct ?

GothGirl Demonia

Re: How to get a partner in second life?

Reply to Hollylea95 - view message

No Partner for Second Life is basically something that Linden Lab offers or that comes with Second Life. This has nothing to do with Blood Lines, or any other RP System Hud that I am aware of anyways. They should be able to dissolve their partner by going to their profile, clicking the I icon, and following the directions, also you can check the link here. http://wiki.secondlife.com/wiki/Partnering

Recognized Resident
Gemma Forzane

Being partnered to someone has nothing to do with bloodlines or any group that your partner belongs to. It means he/she is "involved" with someone on second life most commonly romantically.

Resident
Angus Davi

If your partner is involved in actual role play (the geeky kind not the kinky kind) then he maybe be partnered to someone else purely for RP proposes. I depends on how much he identifes with his avatar...many people are just themselves in SL while others they are just playing a character. I don't think you should worry TOO much but you may want to keep an eye on things.

Honored Resident
Destiny Dagostino

i play roleplay sims and not met anyone who rp's partnering..its all from rl feelings.

go with your gut instinct on if you feel hes cheating...its a game...so he shouldnt mind unpartnering for you if you ask him to.

Suspiria Finucane
Topics: 57

Bitsy Buccaneer wrote:

Any two avatars/accounts can choose to 'partner' by clicking a button and paying a tiny fee. What that means is entirely up to them.

QFT

PS @ OP  IM the "partner" and find out.

Walk, walk fashion baby, Work it, Move that b!tch crazy...

Walk, walk passion baby, Work it, I'm a free b!tch, baby!

Suspiria
AylaNeissa Magic

I would ask him to unpartner the partner and if hes unwilling ask the partner about him. If the partner identifies your other half as husband strangle him.

Sorry just my feelings on the matter. I've been in the bloodlines game for a while and I haven't heard of anyone clan requiring a partnership. Ususally the people that do are in a real virtual relationship with the person or are a business relationship. If they aren't partnered to their own alt that is.

Honored Resident
Trinity Travesty

Hi Holly,

I agree with the other comments that it's possible however unlikely that it is to do with RP and more likely it's a romantic connection.  People feel differently about their RL partners being connected to other people in SL and if it bothers you (like it would me), I would insist that he partners your av - just to avoid any confusion with wannabe girlfriends (roleplay or not)   I love being a bitch!

Any two avatars/accounts can choose to 'partner' by clicking a button and paying a tiny fee. What that means is entirely up to them.

For most people, it means that there's a romantic connection and they're acting as if they were married in SL. BUT other people use it in other ways. Sometimes one person will partner two of their own accounts in hopes that the avatars won't get hit on by strangers as often. Or sometimes friends do that towards similar ends. Or maybe it just makes sense to them for some other reason.

I would guess that some folks who are roleplaying a married couple (say a king and queen) might 'partner' strictly as part of that game/roleplay, but I'm not involved enough to know. My understanding is that Bloodlines is very much about social structure and building a hierarchical 'clan'. I would guess that partnering is important in that, at least for those at or near the top of the heap. So I suppose it's possible that such a partnership could be more akin to old royal diplomatic marriages than modern romances. The Bloodlines folk are a law unto themselves and don't play by the same rules as the rest of us.

Darkie Minotaur
Topics: 8
Blog Posts: 0
Solutions: 51

What I don't get here is, do you trust him, or do you not trust him? I'm pretty sure you knew that there wouldn't be a simple, unanimous answer to your question - so it's back to the question of trust.

If you don't trust him (which seems to be the case, else you wouldn't ask), how will the answers help you? If you do trust him ... no, we can leave that aside. You don't. So, leave him or life with it.