You are currently in the Forum Archive. All content within this area is Read-Only and cannot be modified. Active Forums can be found here.
Recognized Resident
Zach Yorfle

Homeless in Second Life

I have recently decided to become a bum in Second Life. You know, sleeping out in NYC and collecting change and I find it really funny how you're not allowed to beg in some big cities. Doesn't this go against the whole idea of trying to be as close to real life as possible? Anyway, I am now finding how hard it is to be a bum in real life. People constantly harass you or yell at you to go away because you are unappealing to them.

Are there any other homeless people on Second Life? If so I would love together and do something! Must be a lot of fun activities we don't have to pay for .

DJ and Partial Owner of Transdustrial Rave Club
Honored Resident
Dawnee Swansong

Re: Homeless in Second Life

Reply to Zach Yorfle - view message

Zach Yorfle wrote:

Doesn't this go against the whole idea of trying to be as close to real life as possible?

I don't remember reading that in the TOS ... maybe someone should tell the furries etc. ;-)

But there are plenty of "hobos" in SL ... maybe you could use that as a search term to find them?

♫♫ I got 99 donuts cos a bitch ate one ♫♫
Honored Resident
Suzee Devin

I expect homeless people are really pleased that wifi is now available.

Lear Cale

LOL, great pic.  Good luck!

Jilla Lamar

I'm staying in NYC right now... and there are so many homeless people here.  It's heart rending to see them going through the trash and finding stale crusts of bread to nibble on or partially eaten apples that have turned brown, all the while people walk right by them as tho they didn't exist.

Maybe I'll come by and bring you an apple that's not been partially eaten and a cold beer to wash it down.

Take a hammer to the prison walls. Escape. Walk out like someone suddenly born into color. ~Rumi

◇ ◆When you change the way you look at things, the things you look at change.◆ ◇
Honored Resident
LongThinker Greybeard

Caleta

"Why not?" Because.
"Ok, why?" Because.
"Yessir."

Problem solved.
Ly Jie

I was a bum once. Then I decided to become a boob.

Honored Resident
lagigi Constantine

There are many things in second life that are realistic, but many that are not, ie: furries, vamps, etc. Playing a bum on here is fine if that is your secret desire, being a hobo is something I would like to try. Ive watched documentaries and they make it look easier than I imagine it is.

But if you were truly homeless, eating from trash cans and sleeping on vents to keep warm, it may not be so appealing. Many are there because they want that life, it is their choice. But countless hundreds are there because they have lost everything and many more will join them because of the economy.

And most things in SL are free, enjoy it and be careful of what you want in life, you might get it

Tamara Artis

I am homeless Second Life angel...

I make photos and own a photo studio. Hard style editing and satisfied clients.
My Marketplace shopMy FlickrMy photography websiteMy studio in-world
Honored Resident
Masaka Miliandrovic

Try this store - they make all kinds of cool freebies that make hobo life in SL more interesting . . .

https://uncensored.xstreetsl.com/modules.php?name=Marketplace&MerchantID=28949