You are currently in the Forum Archive. All content within this area is Read-Only and cannot be modified. Active Forums can be found here.

Free Skins?

Does anyone know where to find quality free skins?

I've got a lot of skins, but most are not of the best quality. Most are things like Shy Caramelle.

I got some good ones at Heartsick. I look for skins in hunts, lucky chairs, etc. But the ideal way would be something that's on permanent offer. I need quality skins because it is much easier to make a high quality, inspired shape with a good skin. I am trying to finish up making an assortment of shapes to offer the Second Life residents for 0L.

Here are the types of skins I have a nearly impossible time finding (for free or cheap):

Male skins

Skins for African or Asian or Native American skin tones, especially male skins

Old person skins (wrinkly)

Child skins

Middle aged skins or 'character' skins in general

I want to offer "real people" shapes but I can't do it if I don't have the skins. Yes if it were just for me I'd go buy a skin. But this isn't for me. It's so I can take a photo showing the finished avatar. The shapes will each have a style card telling where to get the skin to match it.

Basically I'm going to use that same skin to make the shape to begin with. Then they can just go get the skin to go with it and end up with a very cheap or free avatar.  I want to offer a variety of choices. If I just wanted to make 20 year old female Caucasian shapes I wouldn't need to ask since that seems mostly to be what's on offer from skin makers too.

I have nothing against 20 year old Caucasian females by the way! LOL

I will also be very grateful to hear about 'white female' skins that are free or cheap (especially below 10L but will take below 100L also) as those will be helpful to people too.  Please let it be legal free skins, no copybots! If you made the skins yourself that's probably best or if they are in a store where they were made.

Any legitimate help is accepted. But please don't send me skins in world unless you made them: and even then, please let me know how I can or can't use them (end user rights.) Thanks.

"If I hadn't started painting, I would have raised chickens." - Grandma Moses.
Recognized Resident
Marxx Portal

Re: Free Skins?

Reply to Clarissa Lowell - view message

Beggars cant be choosers!! you get what you give .

livia Trill

I'm not sure of the SLURL to get these in-world (although they can be found), however, if you are willing to pay 30 lindens per skin, you can download them to your computer and upload them to Secondlife yourself.  You can alter them first if you want to dabble a bit with skin making.

Courtesy of Eloh Eliot.

They may not be the most up to date skins these days, but they're definately not "sweet caramels" or comparable.

LeeHere Absent
Marianne Little
Topics: 21
Solutions: 1

Hi, you can read this blog: http://kirikonishi.blog88.fc2.com/

It is not in English, but you really don't need text, it has pictures and slurls.

I recommend you to hunt in Tellaq, their Make Him Over Hunt - gift has a male African skin with 2 different painted on hairbases.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------

https://www.flickr.com/photos/27764102@N02/

Thank you Lee, Marianne, and livia. I appreciate it.

Still welcoming any help if anyone knows of places to find unusual skins that I can lead other people to. So they can pair it with their free shape. Thank you.

Beggars cant be choosers!! you get what you give .

Marxx what did you mean by that?

Which part of my spending hours making shapes that I plan to give away for free do you see as "begging?"

Eloise Baily
Topics: 13
Solutions: 3

I only know of lucky chair options. Do you want those?

I don't like hedgehogs. Why should they get all the hedge?

Definitely. Thank you.

Thank you! I'll check them out. 

Wasn't there a place called Mother Goose or something like that, that has free skins a lot? Anyone been?