You are currently in the Forum Archive. All content within this area is Read-Only and cannot be modified. Active Forums can be found here.
Topics: 0
Blog Posts: 0
Ideas: 0
Solutions: 1

Re: Emoticons in SL?

Reply to Gromlok Darkwatch - view message

Irene.Muni wrote:

Pserendipity.Daniels wrote:

If I spoke your language as well as you speak English I would not be attempting to carry out research on communication in a massively predominantly English language environment.

Pep (Nor would I be posting in an English language forum; do you realise that there are subforums for other languages?)

It is a very peculiar point of view in a world as SL.

In my personal opinion, I prefer to strive to understand someone who misspelled that talk only to residents with my own language.

But that's just what I prefer .

Chacun a son gout.

Pep (I can't be bothered wasting my time trying to work out whether people who can't express themselves cogently are ESLers or just stupid, or both.)

http://pserendipitydaniels.blogspot.com if you are really bored and want unreliable gossip
Lord Sullivan

Dawnee.Swansong wrote:

Thankfully not.

Can you imagine how Local Chat would look if there was?

http://linux.softpedia.com/screenshots/AR-Smileys_1.png

But you can by creating a gesture with the trigger as say the smiley face and then copy the msn emoticon to the "replace with" field in the gesture box then save and then you have it when you type the smile You can of course repeat this for all the emoticons that you want to and will this now start a craze

Honored Resident
Dawnee Swansong

Gromlok.Darkwatch wrote:

In your opinion, how you would evaluate how effective is the comunication between avatars in SL, knowing the limitations of the gestures, the chat, etc.

How would you measure the interactivity of two or more Avatars?

Oh I don't know ... perhaps by looking at the words they type?

♫♫ I got 99 donuts cos a bitch ate one ♫♫
Daniel Voyager

Great idea.

I know you can type emotions in local chat like ^_^ and so on.

It would be nice to have to have insert button (like gestures list) by local chat area which brings up emotions so you can use them inworld.

Honored Resident
Windsweptgold Wopat

I myself would rather not have them in SL. Why cant we use simple terms like  " I feel so happy " or" Gezzz I feel sad". It gets the point across  in my view

Since light travels faster than sound, isn't that why some people appear bright until you hear them speak?