You are currently in the Forum Archive. All content within this area is Read-Only and cannot be modified. Active Forums can be found here.
Melita Magic

Celebs in Second Life

Are there celebs in Second Life?

Think about it. What else is there to do between drugs, parties, orgies and auditions (in that order)? There is a lot of free time.

Have you met a celebrity in Second Life?

Do you think there are celebrities in Second Life?

Hmmm?

"The world is full of nice people. If you can't find one, be one."
"The best way to simplify life is to set your priorities straight."
- Nishan Panwar
Honored Resident
Ryan Hydraconis

Re: Celebs in Second Life

Reply to Melita Magic - view message

I don't know if he's actually in it, but in one of T.I.'s songs you can hear the male "hey" gesture all the noobs have. Kinda makes you wonder...

Ryan

Melita Magic

Cool, really? That's funny.

- Nishan Panwar
Honored Resident
Wren Lawksley

I do honestly think there could be and are. There have been a few times I have heard some SL karaoke performers that sound suspiciously like some RL ones. But if they are getting a chance to step back from the crazy world they live in to kick back in this crazy one..hey kudos to them.

One of the club managers where I sing at used to ask me every now and again if I were Pam Tillis..lol I had to finally show him my face (pic I have in profile, wearing a hat with it tipped down over my eyes)  so he would believe that I was not her. I was very flattered nonetheless. : ) I felt bad I spoiled it for him.

Peggy Paperdoll
Solutions: 304

Jig claims to be a real life celebrity.

Honored Resident
Ella Axel

I am not going to say who he is to protect his identity (that is very important), but I meet one here in SL! with webcam and all ^.^

he was very nice!

there must be many rl celebrities using SL, sometimes celebrities like to be treated like normal people for a change, and sometimes normal people would like to be treated like celebrities

Honored Resident
Dj Barracuda

I know that Drew Carey is or was in Second Life.  He was blogging about some of the places he's been, but he never reveals who he is in world.

http://www.massively.com/2007/11/22/drew-carey-goes-on-dates-with-fiancee-inside-second-life/

Here is the link to his blog:

http://drewfromtv.blogspot.com/2009/06/my-big-celebrity-life.html

Turn ons: Shopping. Turn offs: Cam Shopping in lag. ~Dj Barracuda, resident since 10/31/06~ Photographer, dancer, cheerleader.
New Resident
Lazarus Difference

This really depends on your definiton of who is a 'Celebrity'.  For example, I think alot of the 'famous reality tv' duchebags would be the most likely candidates to come into SL.  I highly doubt some of the more famous big screen stars would be wasting time in a world where you pretend to be something else, when they do that all the time at work.

Melita Magic

Cool! I like how he's honest about it. I can understand his anonymity. I think that would appeal to those who are 'known' everywhere. His posts are really honest and funny. Just like how he comes across in performances.

Duran Duran was in SL for a while, I don't know if they still are. One of them talked about it. He said one of the band had a female alt and enjoyed turning men down. Lol. I can't find a link to prove that, though. Looks like their official build never materialized. Maybe they got caught up in shopping and fun like the rest of us.

- Nishan Panwar
Melita Magic

I can imagine Jersey Shore in SL!

- Nishan Panwar