You are currently in the Forum Archive. All content within this area is Read-Only and cannot be modified. Active Forums can be found here.
New Resident
Pol Krovac

Can no longer use Paypal to add funds/verify my account

When/Why did this happen?

And am I the only one who thinks SL is just too much like swimming upstream!

Irene Muni

Re: Can no longer use Paypal to add funds/verify my account

Reply to Pol Krovac - view message

New Resident
Pol Krovac

yes, I am currently in the UK. I only ever use PAYPAL for web based payments, it is the only safe way to prevent theft / fraud etc with adequate protection. I wondering why this universally accepted payment system has been removed

Irene Muni

I'm amazed too (from Spain). I don't understand why.

Tarina Sewell

I wasnt aware that it was not, I do know you have to use a verified CC to use paypal (on file with paypal) with SL ....

When did they take this option away? it's how I would assume 80% of people cashout of SL.

OHHH okay I did find this...

http://wiki.secondlife.com/wiki/Linden_Lab_Official:International_Payments_FAQ

Oh that sucks for you guys..... seriously. But you do have options..

What payment methods are available?

Credit cards:
  • VISA
  • MasterCard
  • Diners
  • JCB

Debit cards:

• Maestro (Switch)
  • Visa Electron
  • Solo
  • Laser
  • Pre-paid Italian cards
Online bank transfers:
  • POLi
  • Online Instant Banking
  • Sofortuberweisung
  • iDeal
  • P24 (Prezelawy)
  • e-Konto
  • Abaqoos
  • Swedbank
eWallets:
  • Click & Buy
  • eWire
  • Moneta
  • Electronic Check (InstaDebit)
  • Moneybookers

Other:

• Citadel (eCheck)
  • Ukash (prepaid card)
Let me quote Joy Behar "So what, who cares!"

nikita Jefferson

Yes it was so nice of LL to sneak this in and not tell anyone,they should have done an official blog.

I almost missed having the money to pay for my homestead,i had the money in paypal waiting for the end of Nov,,i just happen to see a post in the forums about it so converted it to lindens right away.

They lost a premium member ship because i have no alternative payment plan yet and prob won t by the next few days it becomes due,anyway ,premium does nt benefit me in any way at all,except the 300 each week.

New Resident
Pol Krovac

Given that I choose (as do many others in the current climate) NOT to make my credit card available here, the online bank transfer list sounds like the cast from a Mickey Mouse movie. Yeah right! Like I'm giving my details to these people!

PayPal is the only serious player in this field...  Like I said before, its swimming against the tide to engage here. Lindens clearly spat their dummy out about some sort of % payout to Paypal, expect the user to take the risks !!

No Thanks!

Honored Resident
Meeka Swansong

Thank you for bringing this up as I also didn't know that Paypal is off the SL limit. I also won't be giving anyone my credit card details. What I have in my SL account that will be it, after that I won't be buying anymore Lindens.

Looks like anyone outside the USA will be inconvenienced by this change in SL payment.

How unfair of SL not to even inform people of this changes.

You are not the only one thinking that SL is just bit to much like swimming upstream.

Honored Resident
Asimia Heron

Plenty of us inside the USA are inconvenienced by it too. I live in the US, but i also prefer the security of PayPal transactions to handing over any credit card of bank account info. I'm baffled by this change also.

Honored Resident
Jodi Karillion

I was just wondering when this happened, as I used my paypal to buy linden dollars on the 30th of November with no problems.  Is it just in the last few days this has been changed?

Jodi