You are currently in the Forum Archive. All content within this area is Read-Only and cannot be modified. Active Forums can be found here.
New Resident
Pandora Urqhart

Always Blurry

I need some help, if anyone knows how to fix this.

I have to rebake about.. every.. few minutes because my avatar cycles every few seconds. What I mean by cycle is that it goes all blurry, then eventually crispens back up. However it doesn't go all the way back to crisp. Only my face does and even then the tattoo on my face stays blurry. So when I'm looking at my avatar, I'm always a blurred mess. Then I rebake and it's all crisp again for maybe 10 seconds before it goes back to the blurr.

How do you stop this? Or how do you reduce the number of times your avatar cycles? This is really annoying because I've paid good money for the things my avatar wears and for how my avatar looks and for it to be constantly blurry means I paid to look at blurry stuff. Seems to be a waste.

Please help! thanks muchly!

P.S. I use viewer 2 recent update.

UBUIBME
New Resident
Pat Wheatcliffe

Re: Always Blurry

Reply to Pandora Urqhart - view message

I too had the same problem, which I started to call Rezzing Roulette. A single change to any clothing layer on the avatar caused all the avatar textures layers, clothing and skin, to cycle and just when it appeared that all the textures had fully loaded one texture layer would then go blurry and persist in that state.  All the normal tricks like editing appearance, rebaking, and even manual deletion of local cache did not change the persistent unrezzed state of the blurred texture.

On your menu bar, if Develop does not appear do the following.  Under Me, open up Preferences and select the Advanced tab.  Then select the button to show the Develop menu and save your changes to close the Preferences window.

Once the Develop menu is active, open it and on the drop down list click on HTTP Textures to remove the check mark which unselects this feature.  Your avatar textures should now load quickly with a minimal amount of Rezzing Roulette or continous recycling and eliminate all persistent unrezzed states.

Not using HTTP textures supposedly increases the time it takes a texture to upload.  However, this incremental increase in time may only be in the range of milliseconds, as I do not perceive any visual difference in texture upload times which occur near instantaneously for each item of clothing I put on, even after a manual local cache deletion.  This unperceived increase in upload time is thus more than offset by the reduction of several minutes of Rezzing Roulette time and the near endless cycle of continuous re-rezzing.  The result is a fully rezzed avatar only a few seconds after any clothing changes.

New Resident
Pandora Urqhart

Re: Always Blurry

Reply to Pandora Urqhart - view message

Very eloquently put and I quite adore the euphemism "Rezzing Roulette" it sincerely was similar to that.

I did as you described and am now free of the cycling. I don't really see a time difference. I have had to ask a few people to rebake their textures but frankly I'd rather do that, than sit and watch my avatar cycle forever and then remain blurry.

Thank you very much!

Hope to see you in world!
~Pandora

UBUIBME