You are currently in the Forum Archive. All content within this area is Read-Only and cannot be modified. Active Forums can be found here.
Resident
Howard Runner

About vampires, doubts

What is the advantage of being a vampire in Second Life ? And what is the down side ? If a vampire stops to look for new victm he dies or just loses the power(speaking of wich, what are the powers) ?

Is it worth being a vampire ? And I heard if someone bites me he gets my soul. And he can sell it. What does that imply ? I mean, I don't see my soul, what kind of loss is that. Can't I become a vampire and keep my soul just so I'd be selling it instead of giving away to someone sell ? And I also heard that if you bite me, you not only get my soul but the souls of who I bite, what the hell ? Is it just for a period of time or forever ?

I don't know if I'll become a vampire, I just wanna know if it's worth.

Howard Runner.

Brenda Connolly

Re: About vampires, doubts

Reply to Howard Runner - view message

Sounds like it would suck, if you ask me.

Honored Resident
Leigh Baily

Hello Howard,

Before making any decision to join any game or RP, I always suggest to research it first, so that you are aware of what you are getting into.  There is several games out there that are geared to the Vampire RP.  The one that you are mentioning is Bloodlines.  For information regarding them, I suggest going to their site and reading what it involves.  http://www.slbloodlines.com/guide

Just to let you know though, Bloodlines is not very popular and there has been quite an uproar concerning it.  Here is one thread that gives you a general idea on how it's viewed:  https://blogs.secondlife.com/message/86417#86417

Here is one regarding the other Vampire game that is presently out there enforce as well:  https://blogs.secondlife.com/message/52592#52592

If you go into Search, you will find more threads regarding these games, since it's a very heated subject on the grid and in the forums.

There is also other options, like Sims where they have RPing of vampires, which in my opinion is a better and cheaper option.  Bloodlines, Hunger, Vitea and NiteBredz all require a HUD to be purchased and then there is more money involved after you join these games for upkeep and keeping "alive".

Hopefully this helps you in your decision.

Kelli May

Vampires have no powers in SL. Neither do pirates, ninjas, neko or cowboys. The only people who have special powers are the Lindens, and to a lesser extent, landowners (on their own land).

Within a role-playing setting in SL, any group/race/species is allowed whatever powers (and perhaps, certain restrictions) that those in charge of the role-play group specify. These do not extend outside the RP setting, and are enforced by a combination of peer-pressure, the 'honor system' and occasionally, scripted gadgets.

Bloodlines vampires only seem to have the power to inspire hatred and derision. Several sims I have visited *ban* Bloodlines players from issuing bite requests and will ban people doing so.

It already sounds like you are uncertain about Bloodlines. You'd be well advised to check out their website for yourself and decide if it's for you. However, it does sound to me like you'd be happier finding a RP group whose style matches your own.

Labels are like rocks: you can use them to navigate, or you can wreck yourself on them.
Ann Otoole
Topics: 16
Solutions: 23

I recomment you go study up on vampyre clans and hiearchies a while and see if you are really interested. I mean go out and study the vampyre thing out across real life on the internet. (But don't go offering yourself for any "services") Then decide if you actually want to role play in SL. This has nothing to do with biter soul collecting points games. It has to do with you becoming an actor playing a role.

☥☠☥Unique Needs! on SLM☥☠☥

Dana Hickman
Topics: 2

Brenda.Connolly wrote:

Sounds like it would suck, if you ask me.

Ba-Dum--Dum

/me groans in agony like a vamp who hasn't fed.

Pussycat Catnap
Topics: 70
Solutions: 3

Vampire groups have an amazingly bad reputation in SL due to a certain number of them who would spam unsolicited 'invite' popup messages at others in locations not set up for vampire RP.

That -is- something to take into account if you want to get into the vampire scene - many locations will now ban you on sight if you have your vampire fangs on. It may be unfair to the vast majority of vampire RPers who never spammed anyone - but enough bad apples spoiled the punch beforehand that its reached that point now.

Otherwise... the RP is going to work according to whatever rules the system you choose uses, so research them first. And you can always leave it at any time by just removing the things it has you wear, leaving the group, and moving on to something else (which can be done for anything in SL you make the choice to not be in anymore).

Self interest & greed are the roots of evil.
The gift of Jah is eternal life. - Romans 6:23
Equal Rights and Justice, these are not just words but great and noble conceptions. No prejudice, no discrimination. - Lutan Fyah
Getting started in Second Life | Getting good Body Proportions in SL | Rasta Music | Gallery
Caty Edenflower

My suggestion is actualy go and chat with the SL vamps there selfs most of them are very helpful and friendly when dealing with nonvamps.As to the rouge vamps if they use a bloodlines hud you have to accept or reject the bite.Thoguh I have heard there is another hud that will let a vamp bite you with out asking permisson.Me im a vampire in another game and we just use the horror of horrors text chat to seduce our next victim. I was also a old Vampire the Masquarde player way back when.The family Giovanni at your service for a small fee of course.

'second star to the right, and straight on till morning.'