Resident
kerikaitlin

top price at "slave auctions"?

if anybody has been to one, (its for a 2 week contract) and my little sister is going to be in it. I just wanna make sure some jerk doesnt get her...
iCade

Re: top price at "slave auctions"?

Reply to kerikaitlin - view message

Never been to one, but I can't see the correlation between getting a top price and the bidder not being a jerk. Usually the wealthiest people ARE jerks, look at RL.

Syo Emerald
Topics: 26

I have never been to a slave auction, but to what was called a "tail sale" in a furry club. People offered their skills or just their time and other bid on them. The prices were around 1500 to 5000, if I remember it right.

You can never know if the person who will bid on your sister is a jerk or not. Bad people have many faces. Some will show them right away (the dumb ones) and others show their bad sides after the auction.

On the internet nobody knows you are a dog.
Perrie Juran

kerikaitlin wrote:
if anybody has been to one, (its for a 2 week contract) and my little sister is going to be in it. I just wanna make sure some jerk doesnt get her...

Are there terms in the contract stating what the winner may or may not do?  Or is it an anything goes contract that would allow the winner to even slice and dice her and serve her with a nice Chianti if that's what they wanted to do? 

Innula Zenovka

Depends on a lot of unpredictable things, including  how well-attended the auction is, how skillful the auctioneer is, and who turns up and the day and why.     While it certainly wasn't usual, it was, as I recall, by no means unheard-of for bidding to go as high as 100K L$ back in the heyday of Bonanza Bondage.

If you don't mind my saying so, I think you're looking at it from the wrong angle.   If your sister is worried about doing it, then she shouldn't.    It's just RP, after all, and supposed to be fun for everyone.    So if she's worried about it, then it's pointless her doing it.   But if she wants to, despite your concerns,  then why not let her?   Though it may be that she's not aware of your feelings on the matter, and might not participate if she knew your worries.

The more usual concern, in my experience -- and certainly when I've been called in to ramp up the bidding for friends, it's been the problem -- is when people are in danger of being sold off for an humilitating low price.

Tex Monday
Topics: 36

A lot of people who go to slave auctions are probably jerks only looking for their own satisfaction. My suggestion is that if your sister is REALLY interested in doing this, that she set up firm limits on what this guy can and can't do. Put yourself in her situation...you're a pretty girl, up on a stage where (hopefully) lots of men are looking at you and who are going to (hopefully, again) pay a lot of money for you. What do you think is going to happen?? Limits need to be set between both parties before the sale goes through.

That being said, I'm sure it's a bit of a rush to her ego being in that situation. I just hope she's safe and enjoys it.

Good luck

I am but a leaf in the whirlwind of my life.....
Honored Resident
angiewolf

Reply to Tex Monday - view message

omg. 100k? There wont be lyou dont have that kind of money, kk. And im having serious reservations seeing these answers. But thanks.
Innula Zenovka

Reply to angiewolf - view message

To be fair, that was usually high, even by the standards of Bonanza Bondage, which was, for a while, a huge money-spinner for its owner, who was a very skilled auctioneer.   I gave it as an example of what prices could be like, rather than what to expect necessarily.   

I would start by asking the auction people what sort of prices to expect, myself.   

lianna Garnet
Topics: 7
Blog Posts: 0

Reply to Innula Zenovka - view message

Innula Zenovka wrote:

Depends on a lot of unpredictable things, including  how well-attended the auction is, how skillful the auctioneer is, and who turns up and the day and why.     While it certainly wasn't usual, it was, as I recall, by no means unheard-of for bidding to go as high as 100K L$ back in the heyday of Bonanza Bondage.

This.

At the more exotic auctions, an experienced Slave/Pet is still easily leaving the stage with 15K to 50K.  Regularly.

"The very powerful and the very stupid have one thing in common: They don't alter their views to fit the facts, they alter the facts to fit their views."
Honored Resident
angiewolf

Reply to Tex Monday - view message

i was being stupid, kk. That's all. A friend is doing it and said something about "combat b*****es" and you had to do this auction... Blah bllah blah. There was no idea on my part about getting an ego boost. Now i'm finding out that part of the auction $ may got to me. Last time i checked $ for sex= wh*re. So i'm thinking i'm going to pass. Ok. There it is. Additionally, the idea that someone would pay 100k linden for me (or anywhere close to that) implies expectations that i'm in no way comfortable with, so don't worry bout me kait. Mom still hasn't raised a dummy. :smileyhappy: