question about resort hotel pricing

Ceilidh Noel

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3361 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

hello everyone,

if my question is posed in the wrong sub-category, i apologize and please feel free to move it.

ok, a little about my dilemma. i have a 1/2 full region sim that i do not *own* the land, i am renting it.

i love to design sims, and have done so for people in the past, i decided to try my hand at desiging a sim that could help pay for its own tier. i say *help pay* because i do not expect it to really cover my tier entirely and turn a profit.

however, my question is this.. what is the current going rate for prims per week? i used to go to hotels in the past, and i have some notecards from them. the prices ranged wildly, but usually it was priced daily.

sadly, these hotels are no longer and i do not want to go down that road. i can pay my rental fees by myself so i do not technically need the rentals to keep the sim open.

however, i do not want to over or under charge for the land as it is, by all visitor accounts, very nicely landscaped and interactive. i would like people to either rent daily (for special occasions) or what i would really like is for people to reside there... like resort living.

the rooms are all fully decorated but i am willing to remove items for anyone renting 1 month or longer.. which would add to their prim count. i am offering between 100 - 300 prims per room. which also allows guests to rez their own items outside of the rooms as well as long as public grounds items are reviewed by me first. anything they want to put in their room is ok.

i would rather price the rooms per prim to give people a fair rate, rather than arbitrarily pricing rooms at whatever will make me a profit. i'd like the price to reflect all i offer, but not screw people over.

sorry for the long post and thanks in advance to anyone who responds. have a happy new year!

-ceilidh

I had also a reply of mine in that post, but as usual, due to the ignorance of the OP  I delete it.

With few words I was describing the meaning of permissions / abilities the owner gives to tenants..

See with your own eyes this post. It has a lot of examples ( except mine)

http://community.secondlife.com/t5/General-Discussion/What-is-the-cheapest-land-one-can-rent/m-p/2871195/highlight/true#M12077

thanks for your reply.

i am not really looking to be in the lowest price range rental spectrum.

i have event/wedding hosting, live DJs for certain days or maybe eventually weekly, very nicely decorated rooms, quality group-only freebies soon and a lot of space for people to explore and enjoy.

i had my grand opening gala on Thursday of last week and it was so well-attended i offered people 2 weeks of free use of the hotel before i put security into the rooms.

so i have about a week to price the rooms fairly.

i wanted more of a community-style living place. and yes, it may cost more than the suggestions on the thread you showed me, but i do not want to go the 25L or 60L a week route. it's currently a mix of public/group only access. the rooms will soon be for paying guests only.

i'd rather make the land group only and charge a nominal fee to have access to it than strive to be the cheapest rentals available. it's not a tiny, isolated skybox situation which would justify the lower cost. i just want people to enjoy the land and people who want to rent then they can. if not, that's ok too. i would just like to see people using and enjoying it.

i was thinking in the 1.6 - 2.00 per prim per week range for the rentals.

thank you for your response, though... i appreciate it.

All you got to do is to check this SL page to get examples.--> http://community.secondlife.com/t5/Land-Forum/ct-p/LandForum

Yes. The price you mention is an average price for rented prims in private Regions.

My personal opinion as about developed land is depending only on the owners public relationships.

Only very few of the SL average members will want to rent something that it will be into someone else "home" (land) and act under a covenant having rules to follow and prohibitions, unless its a Roleplay area and they want to play the same "toy" So its all about the owners effort to find them and to convince them to live there.

I have seen so many developed lands go waste because of no tenants.

I wish you the very best, because I really sympathise (and enjoy my self) the "art" of developing lands.

i totally see what you mean. i always pick land to build on (for myself personally).. that does not have very restrictive covenants. i hate restriction, maybe it's just in my neighbour, so i only get land with places where i personally agree witht he covenant. i only have like 4 rules to my hotel and only one of them i found out i had to add after an unfortunate incident. i am BDSM friendly in RL so i tend to make my sims with that same freedom of expression.

i wouldn't build anything anywhere i wouldn't want to live.. unless it has been for other people, then i just design what they want. it's not really my business to care about a client's covenant as long as it remains in the parameters of it.

i honestly just like building and i have two sims currently. i have an incurable urge to keep designing and building. everyone always asks me why don't i design some sims that people can live in.. so here i go!

thank you for the well wishes of success for me, i just like designing and landscaping, and this hotel was SO fun to build, it's the coolest thing i've done on SL since i joined almost 8 years ago. i'm very proud of it and i would like people to enjoy it. if they rent, i don't care.. if they do.. great! but i want to see people enjoying what i spend so much time on.

thank you again for your help.. take care! and you're welcome at the Resort whenever you want. just IM me inworld and i'll make sure to reserve a room for you whenever you want and add you to the VIP list.

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3361 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.