need info about this (confused)

sissytommy

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3527 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

hi there my question is this and is burning in my head

i rent a skybox wich has land also, so i pay per week, the person that rent me the land added me as owner/officer in the group, we are good friends:). well i couldn't afford the rent and i took a break form SL he told me can hold the land until i was back i cleaned the land, he said there was no problem. i returned later and the land was still there i contacted him again and told him i wanted to rent the parcel again and if he could set the rent box and set up a wall around the parcel

so here is my confusion

he said can you add me on the group?i cant rez there, he is the founder of the group :O my question is who is the owner of that parcel? or i am paying to a stranger lol i asked him why he was not the owner and said he left some groups because they get capped

i am owner of the group i rez and have full control of the parcel

or i can be there for free lol

can anyone explain me why is this please?

A simple way to see who is the true owner of a parcel of land is to click on the land, go to About Land, look at the General tab and about half way down it will show Owner and Group.  If the land is owned by an individual, his/her name will show next to Owner.  If the land is owned by a group, the group name will show next to Owner.  When a parcel is either deeded to a group or set to a group, that name will show next to Group.  If your friends name isn't showing as Owner, you may want to contact that person to see what is going on, and no, I seriously doubt you will be able to stay there for free ( if you can then lucky you! ).

If it's group owned, there won't be an avatar name. Just a group name. The odd thing in this situation is why the group owner left the group. Everyone can only be in a certain number of groups for sure... but he left a group he'd created which had his land in it? There's something really strange about all that.

I also wonder who in the group is continuing to pay for the group's tier (you can check that in the land/assets tab of the group profile). If no one's paying, it's only a matter of time before Linden Labs takes the land back.

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3527 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.