is it possible to buy a homestead without having a full sim?

Chrystian Beaumont

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3396 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Yes, in world join the group "for sale by owner", there are almost always used regions for sale at much lower price than in the official landstore. Keep in mind that the billing date transfers to the new owner, too, so a region sold at 400 dollars with next billing date 3 weeks away is a better deal than one sold at 400 dollars with next billing date only 3 days away.

• 3 months later...

Huntress Catteneo wrote:

What happens it you have a full sim, get a homestead, and then sell the main sim?  Does LL take the homestead one away?  If so do they give any money back to you when taking it (rofl I can imagine the answer to that bit).

Would love to hear first hand from anyone rather than "I believe" ones if possible....

Interesting question.

Being that SIM transfers/sales go through LL could be interesting to try.

ETA, And while I don't think everything LL does is 'fair,' in response to geting your money back, well, you'd be the one in breach of contract.  So they'd be the ones ROFL. 

Huntress Catteneo wrote:

What happens it you have a full sim, get a homestead, and then sell the main sim?  Does LL take the homestead one away?  If so do they give any money back to you when taking it (rofl I can imagine the answer to that bit).

Would love to hear first hand from anyone rather than "I believe" ones if possible....

The rule that you must have a full sim to have a homestead is hard an dfast.  They either not let the sale of the full sim go through or repossess your homestead upon the sale regardless of how much tier has been paid in advance.  If it were any other way then there would be people that only hold homesteads.

No you would not get any money back.

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3396 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.