Recognized Resident
Roisine

icontrol

i wonder if anyone can be of assistance . I have icontrol but carnt get out of hardcore .  Any assistance greatly appreciated

Recognized Resident
Roisine

Re: icontrol

Reply to Roisine - view message

i have tried leaving a message . but it seems she is never on

Contributor
Cerise Sorbet

Hi, this appears to be an ongoing problem. You might find some help in this earlier thread. Maybe one of the posters there can help you out with the override trick they discovered.

Innula Zenovka

[ Edited ]

It's not a system I'm familiar with, but according to the website, 

There is also a "Hardcore Ownership" mode.  If it is off, only you can enable it.  If it is on, only one of your owners can disable it.  When in hardcore mode, you cannot add or remove owners from your ownership list, only your owners can.  Once in hardcore mode, you will have no control over who owns you, you can find yourself given or sold to someone else without anyone asking your opinion!  In hardcore mode, you're not a sub, you're a slave.  Make sure that's what you want before enabling it.  Finally, note that in hardcore mode, you cannot own yourself.  If all your owners are removed (possible since owners can remove themselves), anyone can claim you and take ownership for themselves.  Which could form the basis for some interesting "hunting" contests.  :smileywink:

It goes on to explain about various key modes, which I don't fully understand, but it looks to me as if you need to ask one of your owners to release you, or change the mode, at least.   You may, depending on how your owner has set it, be able to ask a friend to take temporary ownership and change from hardcore (or create an alt for that purpose), if I've properly understood the manual.   But I wouldn't rely on either my interpretation or your owner having set the thing up to allow you to do that.

If that doesn't work, simply turning off RLV and relogging without it, and then detaching the hud will certainly free you.  I think that if you then reset the scripts in the device that should clear all restrictions and owners.   

ETA -- I hadn't seen Cerise's reply when I wrote this.   Seems that resetting the scripts may not be sufficient.   In that case, I guess contacting one of the posters there and seeking their assistance would be the thing to try next.

Recognized Resident
Roisine

Reply to Innula Zenovka - view message

thats how i understand it , i will have to get a friend to gain control of me, unfortunately i dont understands scripts

Recognized Resident
Roisine

the manual is not really that understandable

Recognized Resident
Roisine

if i had an override , it would be very simple

Innula Zenovka

[ Edited ]

To reset the scripts, you simply select it in edit mode and (at least with anything based on V2 or V3) use Build-Scripts-Reset Scripts from the top menu.   Worth a try.  But you won't be able to do that while it's locked with RLV.

Recognized Resident
Roisine

Reply to Innula Zenovka - view message

thanks will try that

Contributor
Cerise Sorbet

[ Edited ]

icontrol keeps owner information in a remote database.