What stuff have you always wanted to exist in SL but doesn't?

Poenald Palen

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3473 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

What did you always want to see or own in SL that seems to not be around, or just isn't as well done as you would like?

For me, it was monster trucks that had suspension response. Crunchable junk cars set as well. This can sort of be done, but I always end up with seeing it not work smoothly enough. I have seen vehicles with shocks, but they are just not very smooth at all.

Also a more detailed crashable car, one where specific hits on areas of the car do specific damage. This is in car games, but not so possible here without the witch hunt and lag meaning you couldn't rez it on any tracks. I am still exploring this, there may be something that works, like using particles and alpha change parts with some alpha textures to put holes etc. in areas. not impossible, just sort of makes me feel let down when I see other animated projects that are complex lag and fail.

What did you always want to see or own in SL that seems to not be around, or just isn't as well done as you would like?

Oops, I posted this in the wrong general discussioin forum. Uh...well, I gues everyone can talk about awesome land stuff they wanted or wonder if it can be built.

So, in that case...

Larger sims, but this is not a stuff really and a SL server side thing.

BUT, weather that doesn't lag AND stuff that interacts with it. If it rains, the deck darkens where the rain went. The grass glistens more and all that. Sun showers to, not just storms. Plus, wildlife sounds change. Not to mention, if it is the right seasons (seasons to!) ponds will emerge, leaves change and so on. Wildlife at different times. You can observe them and learn about real world wildlife, no freezing numb toes or snakes to watch for!

Poenald Palen wrote:

Oops, I posted this in the wrong general discussioin forum. Uh...well, I gues everyone can talk about awesome land stuff they wanted or wonder if it can be built.

So, in that case...

Larger sims
, but this is not a stuff really and a SL server side thing.

BUT,
weather
that doesn't lag AND stuff that interacts with it. If it rains, the deck darkens where the rain went. The grass glistens more and all that. Sun showers to, not just storms. Plus, wildlife sounds change. Not to mention, if it is the right seasons (
seasons
to!
) ponds will emerge, leaves change and so on. Wildlife at different times. You can observe them and learn about real world wildlife, no freezing numb toes or snakes to watch for!

Ummm, Poenald? What do you have against snakes? They're pretty neat. And I think it's more likely that you'll overcome that dislike than that SL will sprout the wings you want.

;-).

Inherent human fears, sort of representative of how we need to be careful of wildlife in general.

Bears are a good one to, you have to wrap up your food packaging and keep it in a bear container. But, yeah I went with snakes instead becuase. Bears are better example though. Because of the silly worries and thier greedy very well skilled sniffing from miles away they end up getting all silly and facing off with people. Even attack sometimes, though it is rare. I think it was said you are more likely to die of a coconut falling on your head than of a shark attack, in those areas of the world people surf.

Yeah, some people keep snakes and I was fascinated by their locomotion when I was younger. They are weird for sure. But, they emote far less and this makes them less human and alien to many, so they are for those who like different things I guess? Most seem to want to watch them on TV and not really cuddle them, just sort of the way it is with people and animals. Pet dogs have killed thier owners before, so it is not like people are making sense here lol.

I guess a wonderful urban sim in which no one robs you and dogs don't attack you or pee on your car is another one to add lol.

Poenald Palen wrote:

Inherent human fears, sort of representative of how we need to be careful of wildlife in general.

Bears are a good one to, you have to wrap up your food packaging and keep it in a bear container. But, yeah I went with snakes instead becuase. Bears are better example though. Because of the silly worries and thier greedy very well skilled sniffing from miles away they end up getting all silly and facing off with people. Even attack sometimes, though it is rare. I think it was said you are more likely to die of a coconut falling on your head than of a shark attack, in those areas of the world people surf.

Yeah, some people keep snakes and I was fascinated by their locomotion when I was younger. They are weird for sure. But, they emote far less and this makes them less human and alien to many, so they are for those who like different things I guess? Most seem to want to watch them on TV and not really cuddle them, just sort of the way it is with people and animals. Pet dogs have killed thier owners before, so it is not like people are making sense here lol.

I guess a wonderful urban sim in which no one robs you and dogs don't attack you or pee on your car is another one to add lol.

I've learned my way past a fear of local spiders and snakes. If rattlesnakes migrate here, I'll probably start jumping. I carry a walking stick when in the woods at night, as the coyotes are becoming more numerous and bold. Once I started working on the more obvious of my fears, I began wondering what other ancient fears and preferences lurk in my subconscious. I am sometimes appalled at how ill suited my prehistoric brain (we haven't evolved much since the dawn of recorded history) is to tackle risk analysis in the modern world.

As for people making sense, that would take a lot of fun out of life, wouldn't it?

And finally, I'm nefarious. I think SL is the perfect place to wreak havoc. If I were role playing a dog (particularly a male), the first thing I might do is steal the keys to your car and take it for a joy ride. Then I'd run it up on your front lawn and, as I'm leaving... pee on it.

;-).

• 3 weeks later...
You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3473 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.