Sound Issues after upgrading to Mac 10.9 Mavricks?

Sandowl Violet

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3831 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Wondered if anyone one else is experiencing this issue.  I recently upgraded my Mac system to the Mavricks 10.9 and since then I can not hear music streams from sl inworld.  

Funny thing is I can hear movie sounds when I play movies inworld (can't see picture but thats a whole new issue with Adobe Flash Player).  

It used to just play automatically, same as clicking a web link "listen" to play a stream it would automatically play.  But now I have to open the stream inworld in a web browser, left click to download stream and then play it in my itunes.  I've been going through all my sound options on the system, sl and itunes and I can't seem to see anything that needs to be changed or can be changed to fix this.   

If anyone else has found a fix, please share =D

Sandowl Violet wrote:

Wondered if anyone one else is experiencing this issue.  I recently upgraded my Mac system to the Mavricks 10.9 and since then I can not hear music streams from sl inworld.  

Funny thing is I can hear movie sounds when I play movies inworld (can't see picture but thats a whole new issue with Adobe Flash Player).  

It used to just play automatically, same as clicking a web link "listen" to play a stream it would automatically play.  But now I have to open the stream inworld in a web browser, left click to download stream and then play it in my itunes.  I've been going through all my sound options on the system, sl and itunes and I can't seem to see anything that needs to be changed or can be changed to fix this.   

If anyone else has found a fix, please share =D

What viewer are you using? Viewers use a system called FMOD to play sounds. Recently FMOD was re-issued as "FMOD Ex", an upgraded version of the old program. I believe Mavericks needs FMOD Ex. Currently the LL viewer and Singularity have upgraded to FMOD Ex; Firestorm has that upgrade in the beta release but not in the standard release yet.

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3831 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.