So I am currently unable to rez my house on property

Storm Sarrasine

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3662 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

A few friends and I decided we would rent some land due to the size and the cost of it. The land is a 8736m2 and the property footprint is a 33.5 x 44 m, height =22 m. When Rezzing the property on the ground or on a platform within bounds (plenty of room with the size of the land) the house just does not rez correctly. Walls and many items are missing and overall it is clear that something is wrong. As far as prims go the land has 5000+ free and the property uses 1,186. I contacted the creator of the property and she did everything within her power to assist me, but that lead to no results. I also contacted my Land Owner and he stated that he had issues rezzing earlier in the day and had reset the sim. However; even after that the house just refuses to rez correctly. A thought occured that maybe I had a corrupt house; so, I went to three different sandboxes and alas it had no problems rezzing what-so-ever. My landowner said that maybe Second Life is messing up and a friend said that she was unable to even teleport to her sim. So maybe it was messing up or something.

However, I am pondering what I should do..if I should wait for a day or two to see if things will fix themselves or should I contact Lindin Labs, the Property Manager, or even the person who created the house and request a refund. Normally it would not be an issue; but I spent five thousand lindins on it and honestly there is nothing wrong with the house; but with either with the Sim itself or something. Any helpful feedback would be appreciated to the fullest amount.

Property: https://marketplace.secondlife.com/p/Full-Furnished-House-Big-Berg-1755-animations/2599146

According to the Marketplace description, this house uses Rez Faux. That's fine; I mention it because it means that it's not failing to rez from your inventory, but rather it's failing to rez from the Rez Faux box. And that failure is only on your parcel -- it works fine in sandboxes.

Probably the first thing I'd try is to rez the house in a sandbox and "save" it there, so the rezzing scripts get removed from the linksets. Then I'd rez my own prim at the bottom center of the house, cam out and select everything then re-select that bottom-center prim so it's the last one selected, then Take the whole mess into inventory as one huge coalesced object. Then go to the land intended for the house, open the Build tool first, then rez the coalesced object at the center of the parcel and move it all around until positioned as desired.

I realize you said "plenty of room with the size of the land" but I'm still guessing that some parts try to move outside the parcel or region boundaries as Rez Faux moves them around. (It can also get in trouble if it tries to move things too far underground, but you say you had the same problem on a platform, too, so that's probably not the problem here.)

Alright I seleteted Everything and highlighted everything; and than I clicked on the prim; but how exactly do I add it to the box. I became a little bit loss upon your directions as it does seem a rather bit confusing...maybe because I read something wrong or maybe need coffee; but how do I actually add it to the box when it is already rezzed? Or did you mean to select it all and bring it into my inventory and than drag it into the box?

Sorry about the delay; I had followed the instructions and even tested it at the sandbox and it worked perfectly. However; when I went to my land and attempted to rez it on a platform I recieved the message: ''unable to create requested object. The region is full." Which the region nor the land is full because on my plot of land I have 4,996 prims available

Uh oh. Can you check About Land / Objects tab and make sure you don't have a "Region Object Bonus Factor" greater than 1.0? If so, probably the sim really is full, and the landlord messed up.

I vaguely recall that this error message is sometimes completely bogus, too, but... will have to try to track that down, if the Bonus Factor thing doesn't pan out.

[Edit: Oh foo. If you don't have a greater-than-one Bonus Factor, it doesn't show at all in the About Land window, but only appears in the Region/Estate window, Region tab, as "Object Bonus".]

That suggests pretty strongly that you don't really have as many prims available as you'd be led to think because the number reported as available is scaled by that bonus factor -- but there's just nothing that checks to make sure the sim hasn't over-committed its total allotment of prims.

Let me do a little math here. You said your parcel is 8736 sq.m. and 4996 prims available. So, without the bonus factor, just trying to figure out what the sim's basic capcity is, that would be about 1000 prims for about an eighth of the region. You may have a few other prims rezzed already, but it doesn't matter, that's a large enough prim capacity that you're on a full-primmed region, not a Homestead.

So that was all just to figure out the total number of prims that can be rezzed on the entire sim: 15,000. That has to cover everything on every parcel everywhere on the region. For there to really be 4996 prims available for you, there cannot be more than 10,004 total prims rezzed elsewhere in the sim. But it sounds as if the situation is even worse than that: you can't even rez this house that wants to use about 1200, which suggests the rest of the region has more than 13,800 prims rezzed already, making it "too full" for your house to rez successfully.

You probably want to talk to your landlord, to make sure this is really the problem. If s/he needs help understanding how the object bonus factor works, we can explain more here. In any case, it certainly seems as if you two will need to work something out.

Well orginally the land has 8199 prims (give or take) but currently we had the 5000 available. However, just checking now after the sim was restarted we now have 9,997 total and 6,133 available. Second Life is just bleh and honestly maybe I should just contact the actual, actual owner maybe..because I guess the landlord works for a bigger employeer perhaps, or....?

Probably. I guess one more thing you could do to prepare yourself for a chat with the owner would be to check the total prims currently in use across all the parcels in the region. If the parcels are mostly as large as yours, that shouldn't be too difficult. Then you'd know how many prims are really available, remaining of the 15,000 total that a sim can support.

An object bonus of 5.0 is pretty unusual, so it's probably wrong and the source of all the confusion, but if there's very little else on the sim and very little other rental space it could possibly still be correct, I suppose. (Just to be clear, the concern is that the object bonus may have been used incorrectly and thus you and the other renters may have been promised more total prims than the region can possibly deliver.)

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3662 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.