Revoking Prim Bonus, Reassigning it & More Land Questions

Mallory Cerise

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3682 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Hi everyone,

Our sim has the prim bonus of 1.7 that is applied to everything: the rentals, the voids, and the club that's on the sim. We want to revoke the bonus and to apply it to the rentals only. We can do this using the Caspetech rental system, but how would we do that using SL's native tools?

On a related note: are there any dangers that revoking the bonus might pose, provided that we disable auto-return? The more information we can get beforehand, the better.

Does it make sense, in general, to apply the bonus to the rentals only as opposed to having it everywhere? If so, what would be the arguments in favor of doing that? Our main argument is that we want to see the real prim counts as much as possible.

Another problem we encountered recently is that we inexplicably lost about 1000 prims and the only thing that's changed is the reorganization of space (we had to accommodate a renter who wanted another plot in addition to what he had). Is that a known phenomenon and is it related to the bonus being everywhere? If it is, that would be another reason to get rid of it.

Thanks in advance for any feedback! If someone experienced with regard to managing sims with prim bonuses is willing to contact me in-world for further discussion, that would also be much appreciated.

Mallory Cerise

Interesting. I also read that the objects can be deleted--when does that happen, as opposed to the return?

Also, is it possible to revoke or lower the bonus selectively (say, in a void) or only on the entire sim? I'm guessing not, since I am not seeing anything like that in the Region/Estate tab.

objects get sent back to lost and found, sometimes it will just "deleate" no copy items or items set to a group, it doesnt pick what objects go

the prim bonus unfortunatly is region wide, there is no way to just set it to a certain parcel ect, only option there would be cut a "void" as you put it and use those prims from there on the other parcels ( prims will still count on that parcel but wont be avalible to use)

if you have a "void" id set that 1st, that way you know what prims you have to "play" with then do a reorginize, messing with prim bonuses is a pain trust me i know lol i have 4 homesteads with prim bonuses on, trying to figure them out can be a bit of a nightmare at times

Even with rentals, is it advisable to have just one land group (right now we do)? It's not great, since it means monitoring every parcel every so often, to make sure no one exceeds their limit, but that's how the sim appears to be setup. So, for the purposes of prim count, is it best to keep everything deeded to one group? 

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3682 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.