Refund or not

Naturelle Starbrook

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4597 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Hello, 2 days ago I rented a house in a beautiful community sim.  I paid for a week but I have not been able to move in.  I have contacted 2 owners and another person about adding me to the group.  I have sent IM's and notecards.  When and if they ever add me to the group would it be too much to ask for a refund for the days I could not move in?  I understand RL comes first but why not leave the group open or have an auto group joiner.

Thanks in advance

It's pretty fundamental contract law in that you agreed to pay them for the right to use.  They haven't  done their part, you have done yours in that you did pay them.  As a result, in pure legal terms, you do have the right to refund.

However, there is also the area of what is known as a service level agreement.  You did get what you paid for however, not per the terms of your agreement.  In theory you are due compensation however for those lost days of usage, the more prudent method would be to ask for them to credit this against future rent or shift the date your rent started.

I believe that a Credit should be issued. The land Owner should add 2 days onto your Rental Agreement. I would add a link to this thread in any future communications with the landlord about your rental agreement.

If you cannot find resolution with the land Owner, I would file an Abuse Report. Linden Lab does not get involved with Resident disputes, but, the Lab does keep a record of Reports and may use a past Report to determine the best course of action to take or to not take against a Resident should future incidents arise. 

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4597 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.