SinfulPrince

RLV Folders

I have a new wife and would like for her to be able to be dressed out of the RLV folders. She is not however able to understand complex written instructions as those I've seen on the internet describing how to set the folders up. Is there a simple set of instructions or better yet screenshots of how these folders should be arranged?

This is not your real life . Get over it. Loosen up
jwenting
Topics: 5

Re: RLV Folders

Reply to SinfulPrince - view message

just make a folder called #RLV and under that subfolders, one for each outfit.
Add items (or better yet, links to items if you have a modern viewer) to those folders, that's all there is to it for most things.
Depending on the viewer, there might be trouble with multiple alpha layers and/or attachments to a single point, in which case more elaborate structures may be required (or upgrading to a more modern viewer).

SinfulPrince

Ok thank you. I'll work with her on it using your info as the guideline.

Honored Resident
Jenna Felton

Hello SinfulPrince

I am not sure if you've seen this, but you ask about instruction with screenshots. For me, the best information about how to configure clothings give the both tutorials made by Marine herelf. The tutorials have also screenshoots so that seems to be what you look for:

Part 1

Part 2

However, the instructions are long.Also depends on what viewer she uses, she may have to activate the shared folders feature (#RLV folder for clothing) in the viewer first in order others can access the folder's content.

What she can also do is, and i take it as best way, she can take some device accessing the shared folder for example the OpenCollar (which costs npthing) or the RR collar (Steel collar or RR Elegance) and get access to the item as master or owner. Than she can configure her shared folders and see the effect in the menus herself, and also see how the itms are looking for you (if you are in the dom role)

Hope that helps

Jenna

SinfulPrince

[ Edited ]

Jenna thank you I didn't know about the viewer affecting the folder setup or about activating shared folders feature.

Perrie Juran

Re: RLV Folders: Looking for more information

Reply to jwenting - view message

jwenting wrote:

just make a folder called #RLV and under that subfolders, one for each outfit.
Add items (or better yet, links to items if you have a modern viewer) to those folders, that's all there is to it for most things.
Depending on the viewer, there might be trouble with multiple alpha layers and/or attachments to a single point, in which case more elaborate structures may be required (or upgrading to a more modern viewer).

Can you (or any one) point me to more information on dealing with multiple attachments and clothes?

Thanks

Innula Zenovka

[ Edited ]

Reply to Perrie Juran - view message

That's normally handled by the scripting.   

The only thing the user can do, at least according to the API, is start the folder name with a + sign, to ensure that items are added to points (i.e. they don't knock off existing attachments).   Marine warns, however, that this behaviour may not be maintained.  

There may be other things particular viewers can do, but that's all the API has to say about it, I think.    

Perrie Juran

Reply to Innula Zenovka - view message

thank you

SinfulPrince

Reply to Perrie Juran - view message

hm. Might have to network with Perrie about how that worked out lol. Sounds like there are exceptions when multiples get involved

Perrie Juran

i'm still tinkering with it.

it's not something that i use much.

getting multiple clothing layers on is nice too but i seem to have a problem getting them to layer in the order i want them

also,i do switch between which viewer i use depending on what i'm doing and this may be having an impact.