Recognized Resident
Lacy217 McLuhan

RAPE PARTIES

I have been a member of Second Life for close to 8 years and I really feel a need to

let off some steam.  I saw an event posted yesterday for a "Rape Party"  .  Yes

it was on an Adult Sim and I realize we all make our own choices.  However,

I was really offened by the need to have "Rape Forced Sex Parties"  and

advertize that it was for those of us "who really like to have fun".

I  think that people who need  this type of "fun" should find a

Second Life Psychiatrist  and work thru their rape fantasies instead of

promoting it to others . 

What is next?  Pedophile parties for Toddlers?  

Do you really expect us to be ok with these types of behaviors?

Anyway,   thanks for letting me rant !

Resident
DaCavesJose

Re: RAPE PARTIES

Reply to Lacy217 McLuhan - view message

wow

mitt_award.png

*** IM blocked by sender's viewer.
Syo Emerald
Topics: 23

Really? Do you really need to reheat this dumb topic again? We had that already and it always ends the same...

You realize that you basically judge on roleplay, do you? Nobody can get raped in a virtual world where all thing happen are wanted from both sides. So...by definition this is not even rape. Its more a fantasy containing some rough pixelsex.

If you don't like it turn your head around and don't look at it. End of the story.

Its within the TOS and thats all whats counting. Ageplay is forbidden by the TOS...so no, this is not going to happen + having rape-fantasies is not limited to a gender (just in case we get those sexsim sillyness into this discussion).

And damn it nobody is expecting you to like it, just move on and don't waste your time with it....hell, I don't like a lot of things I see, but do I open a thread about it? No.

On the internet nobody knows you are a dog.
Griffin Ceawlin

Lacy217 McLuhan wrote:
... work thru their rape fantasies...

Maybe that's exactly what they're doing???

And who says they need to "work thru" (sic) them, anyway?

What is next?  Pedophile parties for Toddlers?

Apples and oranges, but points to you for bringing in the straw man.

:smileymad: I'm only a part-time b*tch :smileywink:
My time inworld is limited, and precious. IMs detailing your bruised ego are unwelcome.
Go to my Forum profile and try a PM instead. I may even respond.
~ My Silly Little Blog ~
Caitlin Tobias
Topics: 22

HystericalEmoticon.gif

I travel through Second Life, and when I get home I write about it: Caits World
Tex Monday
Topics: 35

Reply to Syo Emerald - view message

Syo Emerald wrote:

Really? Do you really need to reheat this dumb topic again? We had that already and it always ends the same...

You realize that you basically judge on roleplay, do you? Nobody can get raped in a virtual world where all thing happen are wanted from both sides. So...by definition this is not even rape. Its more a fantasy containing some rough pixelsex.

If you don't like it turn your head around and don't look at it. End of the story.

Its within the TOS and thats all whats counting. Ageplay is forbidden by the TOS...so no, this is not going to happen + having rape-fantasies is not limited to a gender (just in case we get those sexsim sillyness into this discussion).

And damn it nobody is expecting you to like it, just move on and don't waste your time with it....hell, I don't like a lot of things I see, but do I open a thread about it? No.

BRAVO!! Well said...for the umpteenth time...

I am but a leaf in the whirlwind of my life.....
Kelli May

[ Edited ]

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Rape_fantasy

I realise wikipedia isn't the font of all knowledge, but it's safer than typing 'rape fantasy' into Google.

Rape fantasies, as the victim or perpetrator, are incredibly common and not an indicator of a dangerous, sick or damaged personality.

Labels are like rocks: you can use them to navigate, or you can wreck yourself on them.
Miserlie
Topics: 9
Blog Posts: 0

[ Edited ]

Reply to Kelli May - view message

Agreed.

--------

Not to mention that some of these sick people forget that rape is a real thing where people get beat up brutally or just get killed after a period of suffering. Seems really morbid for people to be into rape to me. I mean there are times when I wish people would keep their sickness out of SL, but who am I to do so ? Seems like it could also encourage alot of people to try this out of sl aswell. I don't know, I just don't like the idea of it. But at the end of the day this is roleplay and this is secondlife.

Ceka Cianci

Oo

Did you make this kind of face when you saw it?

perfect-timing-pic-191.jpg

“Common sense and a sense of humor are the same thing, moving at different speeds".

"A sense of humor is just common sense, dancing".”*winks*
My Flickr