Problem with World Map

Venetia Cazalet

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3518 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Hi

I am the owner of a private Island and since the middle of July when we had 'double maintenance' on a Tuesday on the main channel all the structures on the Island on the top half of the world map are missing. It looks like a desert and does not reflect the fact that it is a residential island that is thriving. I logged a support ticket immediately and they have failed to fix the problem on at least 5 occasions. They are very apologetic and say it is an 'odd' problem. They have rebuilt the map image from scratch and it should be fixed but the map has not changed. I am currently putting some parcels of land for sale, they are showing as yellow on the map, but would you bother to come and look at a parcel of land that appears to be in the middle of no-mans-land with nothing but sand around it, I wouldn't. So yesterday I sent yet another email to support as for the second time the case had been closed by mistake and took the opportunity to explain that the problem was having a negative effect on my SL rental business and asked for a reduction in my monthly tier until the problem is fixed. Again they were most apologetic but the person dealing with the case said they were not authorised to give me a reduction in my tier for this problem.

Can anyone give me any advice as to what my next move should be please or do I just have to put up with this and wait? It has been on-going since 23 July.

As I am sure you can imagine I feel very helpless and also very cross about this.

Hope someone can help or advise

Many Thanks

Venetia Cazalet - owner of Riviera Island

Personally I would look at it if I were in the market for land.  When I look at land I'm primarily looking at the costs, the covenant, the stability of the estate, and lastly general ambiance of the sim.  I prefer to do my own landscaping and terraforming, so what is there if I decide to purchase it, I'd send back to you anyway.  If you don't allow that or terraforming, I wouldn't be interested in your land at all.

I do however realize there is a market for land that is already landscaped as some don't want to be bothered doing that or just don't know how.

You have a right to be upset but there isn't much you can do about it. LL never gives credit for tiers because the TOS that you agreed to says in section 9.2

"Linden Lab does not ensure continuous, error-free, secure or virus-free operation of the Service, the Linden Software, the Websites, the Servers, or your Account, and you understand that you shall not be entitled to refunds or other compensation based on Linden Lab's failure to provide any of the foregoing other than as explicitly provided in this Agreement. Some jurisdictions do not allow the disclaimer of implied warranties and, to that extent, the foregoing disclaimers may not apply to you."

Some issues take a long time to resolve even though they seem simple.  Its not just a matter of slapping the right picture on the map.  The map is generated from periodic surveys like Google maps are.  So they have to figure out why your island is not being picked up properly.    My best advice to you is to keep on top of your ticket.  Check it everyday to be sure it doesn't get closed again and periodically ask for status by updating the ticket.  The squeaky wheel usually gets greased.

• 2 weeks later...
You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3518 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.