Premium Guest

Knowl Paine

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4139 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

A question from the Answers category here at the Forum, reminded me of something that I have also been thinking about.

It would be nice, to be able to Invite a friend, partner, or guest, to visit with me, in a Premium Sandbox.

4 of the Premium Sandboxes could be converted to Premium Guest Sandboxes.

For a variety of reasons, not all Resident can, or will, purchase the additional Membership options. Many Residents, just don't know what they are missing out on. 

Do you like this idea?

Is it cost effective?

How would the permissions work?

Who is responsible, for the Residents you invite?

How does SL benefit?

Reference links: 

http://community.secondlife.com/t5/Account/can-my-partner-go-to-premium-locations-like-sandboxs-and-will/qaq-p/1736075

http://secondlife.com/destinations/premium/sandboxes

It's for PREMIUM members ONLY. We pay premium for that. It keeps (most of) the griefers away because they're too cheap to pay premium knowing they'll be banned within a few hours anyway.

With your hairbrained scheme it'd be very easy. Create one "good guy" premium account, have that one friend a dozen griefer alts, and away you go griefing premium only zones.

Or even if not griefing, why would I want to have non-premium people have free access to what I pay for? A Linden Home is one thing, that's your private land to do with as you please (as long as it stays in theme), public land is something else entirely.

Visit those friends in their regular sandboxes instead.

I am on both sides of the fence on this one. It is annoying that I can't show anyone what I am working on if they are not premium, so have to take it to a regular sandbox to do so. On the other hand, this is a benefit I pay for and I like that the sandbox is not full of people getting in my way or someone griefing me when I am there to work. It would be nice if there was some sort of option that a guest could come ONLY if they had a TP sent to them and their access was limited, like they could only be there for so long and they would not be able to build. Maybe some sort of "watcher" like a robot or something that a member could click on if there was a problem with a guest. I don't know...just thinking. The Linden homes are not all that great, but the premium sandboxes to build are worth what I pay.

jwenting wrote:

It's for PREMIUM members ONLY. We pay premium for that. It keeps (most of) the griefers away because they're too cheap to pay premium knowing they'll be banned within a few hours anyway.

With your hairbrained scheme it'd be very easy. Create one "good guy" premium account, have that one friend a dozen griefer alts, and away you go griefing premium only zones.

Or even if not griefing, why would I want to have non-premium people have free access to what I pay for? A Linden Home is one thing, that's your private land to do with as you please (as long as it stays in theme), public land is something else entirely.

I am not premium, but I bet I pay LL more money per month in tiers fees and commissions than you do for a premium membership.  Maybe access to the sandboxes should be based on the total amount of money LL makes from you from all sources, with "super" private luxury ones for those of us that pay a lot more than 9.95US a month, maybe with butler bots that serve cocktails lol.   Then we could keep out the riff raff that pay for premium membership only and are cheap enough they are content to live in the linden home slums instead of a luxury home on a larger piece of land.

smiley-laughing025.gif

Less anyone get offended this is a joke to point out the absurdity of what you said. Premium sandboxes are not public land as the public can't go there.  If a member could invite a guest under controlled circumstances where they can only look not build what is the harm in that? It wouldn't be that difficult to restrict building and running scripts to premium members.  You can do it now based on group membership.  It may actually benefit LL because some may elect to go premium once they experience a premium sandbox.  Many people don't see the value in paying premium only for s tiny house in a tightly packed sim, a couple or three gifts tossed your way that you probably wouldn't buy or you'd have them already, and support that is less than impressive.  But a premium sandbox experience may convince them.

An Idea I had yesterday while soaking in the bathtub:
( Yes, I know, cats and water...)

Premium members selling day premium passes for L$150,-- a pop.
L$25,-- stay as commission with the seller, L$125,-- go directly to LL.
A pass is valid for 24 hours, that period starts, when the payment is debited from the buyers account.

Qwalyphi Korpov wrote:

Jadeclaw Denfu wrote:

An Idea I had yesterday while soaking in the bathtub:

( Yes, I know, cats and water...)

Premium members selling day premium passes for L$150,-- a pop.

L$25,-- stay as commission with the seller, L$125,-- go directly to LL.

A pass is valid for 24 hours, that period starts, when the payment is debited from the buyers account.

Nice one.

How about - Tour my Linden Home for L$50.  

I thought you didn't allow any one in your tunnels??????????

jwenting wrote:

I fully agree with this.

I am not, and have never been a premium user.

But I agree with this so much.

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4139 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.